Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #1

privacy curtain options

have a 2007 jayco Seneca 35gs and would like some opinions on a privacy curtain in the drivers compartment the original owners did not have one so we are looking for some decent looking options not a blanket clipped across the front area there must be some attractive options I noticed some Velcro dots on each side does that have something to do with a factory curtain thanks Don
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #2

The original curtain had elastic in it and you connected it behind each seat with a clip(should be a small black u shaped holder right above each seat) and then supported the front with the visors the velcro help support it in the middle. It was actually a pain in my opinion. We took a curtain rod and attached the privacy curtain to it and laid the rod across the front shelf right above the seats. You could do the same thing with some standard 36" curtain material.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:23 PM   #3

I have the curtain and not sure how to attach!! I will look and see if it attaches by the visor.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:30 PM   #4

Mike, as Grumpy said there is a thingy behind and above the seat that the curtain hooks to on each end. Then you stretch it to behind the visors.

We also added Magna Shades that attach to windows via magnets from the outside. They're like the ones on the coach windows

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:54 PM   #5

I have a 2014 Grewhawk 31FS and purchased a RV Windshield cover from Camping World. It covers the front windshield as well as the two side windows. We still put the small privacy curtain connecting with the side attachments and the Velcro "dots" as well as the sun visors. This really give us great privacy and easy access to front seats. In addition, it really helps with the outside heat.
wmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanuel View Post
I have a 2014 Grewhawk 31FS and purchased a RV Windshield cover from Camping World. It covers the front windshield as well as the two side windows. We still put the small privacy curtain connecting with the side attachments and the Velcro "dots" as well as the sun visors. This really give us great privacy and easy access to front seats. In addition, it really helps with the outside heat.

We bought the same cover and did without the curtain between the cab and living area.....put the doggie beds on the cab seats, we're good to go.
kozanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:03 AM   #7

We have a big fleece blanket we tuck under the mattress of the front bunk to cover the cab area. It serves two purposes both in the winter and summer... privacy and it keeps the cold/hot isolated in the cab. You would not believe how much heat/cold comes from the cab area. We also have cut that foil insulation stuff for the three front windows. (windshield, and cab doors).
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #8

I found the factory solution very tedious and it let in lots of light and HEATWHICH IN FL, we have plenty of.

I have the windshield and side window kit from heatshield. When you buy the two together they are 35 each, so $70 total. They work great!
2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid (our TOAD on a DEMCO Dolly)
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:06 AM   #9

+2 the Heatshield option. Works like a charm both for camping and storage. I originally bought one for my Acura MDX many years ago. These things last forever. A little pricey, but very good. I'm in Tampa Bay and it gets HOT here. No problems with the Heatshield. I never realized they had side window shieldS until I went to their website looking for a shield for my 31DS.
Digipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:36 AM   #10

+3 on the Heatshield option.

Though I still might hang a fleece blanket as well. Can't have too much insulation.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #11

I just keep it simple and less expensive..
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:33 PM   #12

Where could you buy the factory one? Looked online and cannot find it anywhere.
Goflight2 is offline   Reply With Quote