Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #1

Problem Filling Propane 2016 Greyhawk 29 MV

Recently I have tried to get my built-in propane tank filled in preparation for camping. At two different propane filling stations, the propane would leak from the propane fitting that screwed on my tank. My tank fitting is clean and looks new as I keep the cap on it when not in use. At first I thought that the O-Ring on the propane station's fitting at the end of the hose was faulty. However, the same thing happened when I brought the MH to another place to fill it up. Both filling stations just sell propane as a sideline and are not fully in the propane business.
Could there be a missing gasket on my tank fitting that causes the leak? The leak only happens when trying to fill the tank. I will bring the MH to a propane only business where they have propane mechanics if I can't solve this mystery. I have filled the propane several times before with no problems. Thanks for any help you can provide.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:36 PM   #2

I have no idea what you're explaining/ asking but one thing comes to my mind. Oftentimes when I have my (removable) tanks refilled they "overflow" once completely filled. I think its like a relief valve so as to prevent overfilling.

Maybe that's what you're seeing?
Old 05-13-2017, 02:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. My tank is 1/2 full. The connector from the propane supplier will not deal with my built in tank. As soon as the connector is screwed onto my tank and the valve is opened so propane can flow into my tank, propane leaks from the connector. The operator tried numerous times to get the connector to seal with my tank at both filling stations that I went to.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #4

Problem solved!

I got some advice on another forum and watched a video that showed a gasket that should be inside the connector on my propane tank. It is a AMSE propane tank rubber seal. Often the gasket comes off when you get your built-in propane tank filled. I will get one at a propane dealer ASAP and will buy a spare or two. You never know when you might need to help a another RVer who has the same problem. Thanks for all the responses. Go get a spare for your tank!

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!