Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2022, 05:29 PM   #1

Problems getting OTA antenna signal

I apologize from the start. I am new and could not get help anywhere. I raised my tv antenna but my tv’s say no signal. How can I get my tv’s to work? I have a Jayco Melbourne 29D. My dealer Fretz RV is of no help.
twbelieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 01:37 AM   #2

It might just be that you haven't turned on the signal amplifier. Small button, might look something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 11.35.54 PM.png  
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:50 AM   #3

Locate the TV antenna amplifier button and press it. If you do not know where it is located, post your year and model. Someone with the same model can tell you where it is. Should be close to where you connect the TV's antenna input to/from.

Click this link below to view this similar issue to help you out more:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...-tv-98749.html

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by twbelieves View Post
I apologize from the start. I am new and could not get help anywhere. I raised my tv antenna but my tv’s say no signal. How can I get my tv’s to work? I have a Jayco Melbourne 29D. My dealer Fretz RV is of no help.
Are you certain that OTA stations exist in your area? Here's a link that may help

https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #5

A couple of things that may make your life easier if you plan to travel to several different places as opposed to going to the same state park a few times a year: I haven't had a '360' antenna yet that actually did that kind of coverage well, if at all. The Winegard disc with the UHF horns works best when the horn is aimed at the tower (and probably not more than 25 miles on flatland!)...So buy a real compass like a Boy Scout would have, not the one in your phone. Not all phones have the 'internals' (it's called a magnetometer sensor) to make a compass application even close to accurate ... as in north is south, east is south...you get the idea. However, a pair of phone apps I like after trying a few are "tv towers" for phones without the compass ability and "dtv antennas" for phones that have it.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 10:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckinfuss View Post
I haven't had a '360' antenna yet that actually did that kind of coverage well, if at all. The Winegard disc with the UHF horns works best when the horn is aimed at the tower (and probably not more than 25 miles on flatland!)...
Ever since the "GENIUSES" at the FCC decided to change OTA signals getting decent TV reception has been iffy at best.

I even had a 50 mile antenna that could not receive one local station 15 miles away because of the trees and terrain at the house because of the digital signal vs analog.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:30 AM   #7

Just a quick story to hijack this thread and then I'll step away.....Dropped cable at the house in January and have been wrestling with the 'right' way (for me) to get over the air and an occasional streaming show. Got the Roku and have become glued to the This Old House Makers channel (free!) and the occasional month or two of Paramount+ for Yellowstone. The issue was over the air. Found a guy on youtube called antenna man or something similar who is a genuine expert on antennas and really rips into how they will work for your use. He's brutal and I like that. His recommendation that fit my situation: An RCA small Yagi that was really a fit. I was walking through Menards last week and voila,,,there it was for half price. It's up on the chimney, it works exactly as predicted. No more pixelation and dropped audio and artifacts. Still get atmospheric and tree flutter at three in the morning when nature calls and can't get back to sleep fast enough! Over and out.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by twbelieves View Post
Maybe we should ask......have you went through your TV's menu, and checked what the input settings are? If it's set for input from, say, an "HDMI" or "cable" source, then it's not going to look for OTA signals.

Roger
GTS225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:38 PM   #9

Typical Booster button issue

Push it.....PUSH IT REAL GOOD!!!!
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:44 AM   #10

I have turned it on
twbelieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 03:44 PM   #11

Scan for channels on the TV

Scan it REAL GOOD!!
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 05:33 PM   #12
Site Team

On most sets you also have to select cable or antenna.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 05:42 PM   #13
CAG

Forget the OTA antenna and get DISH or Directv. I have not used the OTA system on any RV for the last 20 years and it is especially difficult if you spend the summer in a location at 8000 Ft surrounded by mountains that are 10K+. DISH and Starlink.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote