Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2019, 06:20 AM   #1

Purchase Tire/Wheel or Good Sam Tire/Wheel Protection Pgm

Which is the better way to go? Purchase my own tire/wheel and mount 'on my rig or use Good Sam's Tire/Wheel Protection Pgm?? I've read a few threads about assistance coming out and not having your tire size or wheel size and having to wait for either one to me shipped to you. Hows that work when you're out on the road? Any inputs?!!
Wayfinder 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:58 AM   #2

I feel having a spare is best then they can come out and change flat. Not at mercy of seller of tire and price he will charge.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #3

I couldn't agree more. I would hate to be at the mercy of someone having the tire and wheel I needed when I needed it. Our 2009 Greyhawk came with a full size mounted spare. Only used it once and was glad to have it when we had a blow out on the side of I-95 in Georgia.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:26 AM   #4

We always travel with a complete spare tire and wheel. We often travel to places where there are no tire services available or the wait is maybe a day or two for a tire. If you limit your travels to high traffic areas you can probably get roadside service in a somewhat timely manner. We like to travel where there are very limited services available.
wmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote