Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2019, 02:26 AM   #1

Question about Class C beds that "fold".

I've notice a lot of different Class C's (and some travel trailers too), and not just Jayco's have beds on slides, but there isn't enough room for the slide to be in and the mattress fit. So, the mattress is split and the end is folded over, so the slide can come all the way in.

My question is this. Anyone here have a mattress that splits near the end? If so, how do you like it? Is it possible to get a replacement mattress that also splits near the end of the mattress?

Thanks,

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:46 AM   #2

Hi, our 2019 class c has a split mattress and no issues, good mattress.
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:25 AM   #3

Ditto Cherv's response. We did add a memory foam mattress topper to our 2019 class c because we had it on the one we traded for current MH and it softens the mattress some.
Dynamo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:36 AM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Our mattress also splits when the slide comes in. Wasn't a problem until we put the 3" memory foam topper on to soften it up. The factory mattress was like sleeping on plywood.

Now, to pull the slide in we first have to roll up the topper a bit, then flip the mattress and the folded mattress keeps the topper in the rolled position.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #5

Here is a thread about the Jayco Melbourne 24K mattress.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ess-49622.html

Hope your model bed design is not like mine but that thread has some solutions for our problem and page 5 of the thread explains how I managed to get a full size queen mattress in the limited space we have. I suspect the bed the 24K got was designed for another model camper and some pencil pusher thought they could save money and warehouse space using an existing design.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
I've notice a lot of different Class C's (and some travel trailers too), and not just Jayco's have beds on slides, but there isn't enough room for the slide to be in and the mattress fit. So, the mattress is split and the end is folded over, so the slide can come all the way in.

My question is this. Anyone here have a mattress that splits near the end? If so, how do you like it? Is it possible to get a replacement mattress that also splits near the end of the mattress?

Thanks,
We have one. It works really well. Haven't had any issues. It is comfortable to sleep on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfflyer View Post
Here is a thread about the Jayco Melbourne 24K mattress.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ess-49622.html

Hope your model bed design is not like mine but that thread has some solutions for our problem and page 5 of the thread explains how I managed to get a full size queen mattress in the limited space we have. I suspect the bed the 24K got was designed for another model camper and some pencil pusher thought they could save money and warehouse space using an existing design.
I just read that whole thread. That is bizarre that they would put a mattress out like that and then not fix it. That blows my mind.