Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #1

Question for 2018 Greyhawk 29MVP owners?

I have a question on the power awning. In the owners manual they say that some of the awnings have a wind sensor that will make the awning retract in case of high winds. I assume that these manuals are the same for both the 29MV as well as the 29MVP. Do any of you owners know if the 29MVP has the sensor? We hope to be using ours soon, but we are trying to learn as much as we can prior to camping.
Michigan-Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan-Traveler View Post
I have a question on the power awning. In the owners manual they say that some of the awnings have a wind sensor that will make the awning retract in case of high winds. I assume that these manuals are the same for both the 29MV as well as the 29MVP. Do any of you owners know if the 29MVP has the sensor? We hope to be using ours soon, but we are trying to learn as much as we can prior to camping.
No sensor...but you can adjust the tilt from side to side. There are push buttons on the side of the long rails that you can adjust to other holes to lower say a corner for rain to drain off and not collect and pull your awning down.

The wind sensors are a great idea I guess but I don't miss it on mine. We had it on a class A and it never seemed to work right. If there is any heavy winds expected we don't put ours out. We also don't leave it out if we are going to be gone for any amount of time other than short distances. Also retract it at night or when dusk and were not outside. They cost too much to replace to take a chance with.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:20 AM   #3

What you mentioned about the sensors makes good sense to me. It's not a difficult thing to push a button and retract it rather to depend on a sensor to save the awning. Thank you.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:15 PM   #4

We have a 2018 29MV and it does not have a sensor. As with cabinetmaker, if I'm not within 20 feet of the awning, or there is a trace of wind, it gets retracted. I'm not taking any chances. And as far as the manuals, it's my understanding that they are more generic than just the 29MV and 29MVP. The manual covers numerous Jayco models. I wish they were more model specific, but they are not.

Love To Travel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:00 AM   #5

Thanks for your replies. I have found the manual to be inaccurate several times now.