Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-22-2015, 06:13 AM   #1

question on tires

About to buy 2 new front tires for my 35 Seneca 2007 an noticed. The 2outside rear tires have flat areas all around inside tread I purchased this rig about 2 months ago tires are 4 years old they are all firestones the fronts are original good tread but afraid of age. Back ones are perfect other than that wear I mentioned really cant afford 4 tires right now will replacce front 2 opinions?also installed bilstiens and roamaster rear sway bar spent bunch of dough so far are there any quality steer stabilizers for less money thanks empty pockets
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:09 AM   #2

I feel your pain, I can afford to buy one but I can't afford to own one!
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:29 AM   #3

Sounds like the two old front tires went on the back since that would be their position when rotated. We had an 08 35GS and never needed a front stabilizer I could drive all day with one hand on the wheel. I found that correct air pressure was the key. I had MICHELINS and using their weight/pressure chart only needed 85 in the front and 90 in the rear.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpey View Post
About to buy 2 new front tires for my 35 Seneca 2007 an noticed. The 2outside rear tires have flat areas all around inside tread I purchased this rig about 2 months ago tires are 4 years old they are all firestones the fronts are original good tread but afraid of age. Back ones are perfect other than that wear I mentioned really cant afford 4 tires right now will replacce front 2 opinions?also installed bilstiens and roamaster rear sway bar spent bunch of dough so far are there any quality steer stabilizers for less money thanks empty pockets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Sounds like the two old front tires went on the back since that would be their position when rotated. We had an 08 35GS and never needed a front stabilizer I could drive all day with one hand on the wheel. I found that correct air pressure was the key. I had MICHELINS and using their weight/pressure chart only needed 85 in the front and 90 in the rear.
Did you use the date code on the tires to determine the age of all 6 or did the seller tell you their age? Check the date codes, the load range, and the inflation of your tires. I had a class-B where the prevous owner had installed tires of a lower load range than required. It wandered all over the road until the correct tires (load range E for my class-B) were installed.

Like Grumpy said, it's likely the worn front tires were rotated to the rear. Have the front end alignment checked before spending money on tires etc. You didn't mention the mileage on the vehicle. There may be worn front-end components that need to be replaced, too.

What problems are you experiencing? You installed new shocks, a rear sway bar, and asked about steering stabilizers... Sounds like you don't like the way it feels on the road.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #5

the last time I went to put just fronts on they wanted to take rears and move to front and put the new ones on the rear ... some goofy idea that tire companies have that the rear having the good tires is more important ?