Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #1

Radio Dual Diode Location

I have a class C Entegra Odyssey 26D, I believe this is basically the same as a Redhawk 26XD.

I have installed an RV stereo/DVD player in the coach and would like to disconnect the Sony in dash radio from the coach battery. The dash radio is powered by both the Ford battery as well as the coach battery, through what I believe is a dual diode. I would like to disconnect the coach battery from this diode and just have the Ford battery power the radio, or wire the radio direct from Ford battery; whatever would be required. I believe there are other components wired into this system such as the propane alarm, icebox, etc. I need to leave those wired as currently.

Does anyone know where this dual diode is located? I dont want to remove the entire Ford dash until I have more of an idea what is located where, if the diode is even located there.

Or does someone have a better idea?

Thanks in advance.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:15 PM   #2

When I replaced my in-dash radio I used the same power connection as what was already there for the jayco radio, however I seem to remember seeing what I believed was the dual diode harness amongst the wires behind the radio in the dash area where the power to the radio comes from. It was just a wire harness looking thing in shrink wrap (if I remember correctly). In other words if you follow the main power to the radio back towards the conglomerate of wires in the dash, it is on that same lead (again based on my memory as I did this several years ago).

Regarding a better idea, I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, it is already setup to use the coach battery unless the key is on and then it uses the chassis battery.

~CA
Old 06-07-2021, 03:42 PM   #3

I replaced the head unit in my Greyhawk with another head unit. I managed to blow this dual diode when I did this replacement. It was located right behind the head unit and is fairly obvious. I tried to find a replacement but the Ford part number on it was useless. I jumped around it to get power from the house only. This dual diode only feeds the head unit.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post

Regarding a better idea, I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, it is already setup to use the coach battery unless the key is on and then it uses the chassis battery.

~CA
I would like to disconnect the power from the coach battery and power the stereo only from Ford battery.

Sounds like I will find this diode in the dash.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote