Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2023, 01:17 PM   #1

Reasoning why inverter is disabled while coach engine is running?

I have a 2013 Jayco Greyhawk with a 1000W inverter (I think early editions had 600W inverters and later they ran out of stock and the 600W was no longer made so they put 1000W inverters in). I found it odd the inverter only powers the front TV AC socket (I have the 31DS model). Similarly odd is when the engine is on the inverter is disabled. It would be nice to have an AC outlet on while the coach is in service rather than lug along another inverter to run off the dashboard 12V sockets.
KC1SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 01:30 PM   #2

I think it's more likely the TV outlet is disabled when the coach is running? If in fact that is the only outlet on the inverter, then I guess that would be tantamount to it being disabled. But it's more common to find that the outlet itself is disabled with ignition on as part of a DOT restriction regarding the driver's ability to observe the TV while underway. No chance I could see mine even if I tried.

FWIW, there are TONS of people who have inverter power to that outlet by "disabling" a cutout relay behind the outlet. I wouldn't know anything about that though...

Apples/oranges in a lot of ways, but in my 2018 29MV, that TV outlet as well as the outlets on either side of the bed are on the inverter circuit.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 01:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1SA View Post
I have a 2013 Jayco Greyhawk with a 1000W inverter (I think early editions had 600W inverters and later they ran out of stock and the 600W was no longer made so they put 1000W inverters in). I found it odd the inverter only powers the front TV AC socket (I have the 31DS model). Similarly odd is when the engine is on the inverter is disabled. It would be nice to have an AC outlet on while the coach is in service rather than lug along another inverter to run off the dashboard 12V sockets.
Read this, post #10 in particular.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...-on-11021.html
Old 12-04-2023, 02:39 PM   #4

something to look at tomorrow....thanks Grumpy.
KC1SA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
greyhawk 31ds, inverter