Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2019, 07:49 PM   #1

Smile Reclining loveseat replacing sofa 26Y

Has anyone replaced the fold out sofa in their Greyhawk 26Y with a reclining
loveseat (possibly Thomas Payne from Camping World) that would be willing
to share their experience? Thanks in advance.
Bobenme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:16 PM   #2

Surprised no responses to your question. We have a Redhawk 26XD which I think is the same floor plan. This will not be much help, but we have done lots of homework and plan to replace our sofa with a Rec Pro 58" double recliner. Looks like it will fit perfectly. There is an electrical box on the floor under the sofa that looks to be relocatable if necessary. Rec Pro will send you fabric color swatches.

So, it's on my to list, probably for this fall. Wish I could provide more detail.
MikeUSNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:50 PM   #3

Just bought a 2017 greyhawk 29mv,went to look at it ,was surprised it had a powered double recliner instead of the love seat.My wife and I thought this would not work out,even tried to work with the dealer to order a replacement jacknife love seat.Bought the coach and have fallen in love with it.It is far more comfortable and more practical .hope this helps
wingails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:35 PM   #4

The DW and I replaced the trifold sofa in our 26Y in December of last year. We replaced it with the RecPro Charles Collection 58" Double Recliner RV Sofa in chestnut. We ordered it from RecPro through Amazon. The price was the same except we did not pay sales tax through Amazon. We ordered it Wednesday 12/12 and it arrived from RecPro by FedEx on Saturday 12/15. We have been extremely pleased with this purchase. It is very comfortable to watch TV from the recliners which sit so much better than the old sofa. It is slightly narrower than the original. We took down the side valance pieces to eliminate any potential interference. Please see the thread below. It has pictures of our installation.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...a-64276-2.html
Old 07-17-2019, 07:05 AM   #5

Nope, we haven't replaced ours. It was actually one of the selling points for us. We love that sofa and the full size bed that it turns into. Our old TT had one of the jack knife sofas and my kids grew out of it. Love this one.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastIron View Post
The DW and I replaced the trifold sofa in our 26Y in December of last year. We replaced it with the RecPro Charles Collection 58" Double Recliner RV Sofa in chestnut. We ordered it from RecPro through Amazon. The price was the same except we did not pay sales tax through Amazon. We ordered it Wednesday 12/12 and it arrived from RecPro by FedEx on Saturday 12/15. We have been extremely pleased with this purchase. It is very comfortable to watch TV from the recliners which sit so much better than the old sofa. It is slightly narrower than the original. We took down the side valance pieces to eliminate any potential interference. Please see the thread below. It has pictures of our installation.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...a-64276-2.html
Nice job, those look really comfortable.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #7

I want to do this to my rig. I will use RecPro when the time comes. I already have it picked out.

I will actually probably use the bed functionality of the tri-fold in January though. So DW doesn't want to replace at this time. Even though in over 6 years of RVing, that will be only the second time that functionality was used... And in January, it won't be required, just convenient.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:52 PM   #8

Hi Mike, i have a 2019 26xd, my wife and I are looking to replace the couch with a recpro couch which measures 37” deep, but our slide out only measures 33”, will there be enough room to bolt the frame on the 33” floor? Thanks, fellow squid
Eaglelmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:59 PM   #9

Hi Eagle, I still haven't swapped out the couch in our Redhawk so I can't answer your question. Life interfered with our plans. Also, the Redhawk has spent a lot of time sitting at the dealer for warranty repairs. It is in fact back there now. Hope someone else will jump in with the info you need.
MikeUSNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:20 PM   #10
CAG

I have been watching threads about this topic anticipating that we might do that at some point so if you do a search on the site you will find at least 3 threads that I am aware of. One of them goes into some detail about doing the replacement and the steps to make things fit.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:04 AM   #11

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeUSNRet View Post
Hi Eagle, I still haven't swapped out the couch in our Redhawk so I can't answer your question. Life interfered with our plans. Also, the Redhawk has spent a lot of time sitting at the dealer for warranty repairs. It is in fact back there now. Hope someone else will jump in with the info you need.
Mike, thanks for getting back to me, hope all turns out well for you. Larry, (eaglelmc)
Eaglelmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:55 PM   #12
Site Team

A friend of mine picked up 2 love seats at CW with electric controls at close out prices. They went into the hole perfectly where the jacknife was removed.

They could not move when the slides were closed so he did not even attach them.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recliners, sofa