Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2021, 05:59 PM   #1

Redhawk 24B slide out

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had issues with slide out specifically on Redhawk 24B and what would be the procedure if it's stuck or something is broken. Basically is there a way to bring the slide back manually?
Everything is good so far but I like to be proactive and know the system and trying to figure out when its time to leave campground.

Thank you in advance
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:41 AM   #2

I have had Lt side slide issues from day one. It was recently diagnosed as a weak motor and replaced at the end of my warranty. Seems to be working for now, fingers crossed. To manually push the slide in you must first peel back the weather stripping at the top outside to get to the motors. Unscrew and do not lose the screws. Pop the motors up to release them then manually push the slide in. Have a premeasured brace (2x4s) on hand to put on top of the slide to keep from falling out during the trip home. I'm sure it will be more difficult than it sounds.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:12 AM   #3

Got the same rig as yours, and I've had the same questions and concerns as you, but cross my fingers, no problems yet with the slide out at all.

Evidently, there is no elegant way of manually operating the slide if a motor gets messed up or stops working, no manual disconnect or anything magically hiding somewhere. Best you can do is read up on the motors and how to disconnect them, no fun, and get a 2x4 ready and sized accordingly to keep the slide closed while you limp home after having manually disconnected the two motors after one fails or gets hopelessly out of sync with the other. Not looking forward to ever having to deal with this, but will probably happen sometime... Read the specifics on the motors themselves, that's the closest I've found to an answer for you.
alazear is offline   Reply With Quote