Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2019, 04:45 AM   #1

Redhawk 24B-slide power and frame schematic

Does anyone know what powers the slide on the Redhawk 24B?....engine battery? cabin battery? If plugged in does the slide use that power source?

Also, how do I get a frame schematic for this unit. I want to add a closet system to the closet beside the bed for better utilization and need to know if there are places to screw into (metal or board).
dragonflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
Lost in the Woods

The slide works off of the 12 volt system and the battery in the step compartment. Ideally, you want that battery to be fully charged or at least plugged into shore power so the charger is running, as the slide pulls some juice.

Depending where you camp, many of us have added a second deep cell group 24 battery in that step area, since there's space for a second one, to get more 12 volt capacity.

For any tech information or schematics, send a nice,, polite email to Jayco. They've been very good sending me what I've requested at this email:

motorizedservice@jayco.com
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #3

Thanks, just sent out an email asking for schematic.

I already have 2 batteries under step.
dragonflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflys View Post
Does anyone know what powers the slide on the Redhawk 24B?....engine battery? cabin battery? If plugged in does the slide use that power source?

Also, how do I get a frame schematic for this unit. I want to add a closet system to the closet beside the bed for better utilization and need to know if there are places to screw into (metal or board).
If I had the 24B with that huge slide built with the Schwentek(?) slide system, I would pack any storage compartments on the slide with very light stuff. I'd keep as much weight off that slide as possible.

I love the 24B floorplan, and if I had the extra money right now, I'd have one already. I love the lowered TV, the swivel seats in the cab, the flat floor from front to back, the U Lounge, the storage space, the 8 ft fridge, the relative compact size of the MH, the larger shower.

I do wish it had more exterior storage, and side view cameras in addition to the rear view camera.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:23 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
If I had the 24B with that huge slide built with the Schwentek(?) slide system, I would pack any storage compartments on the slide with very light stuff. I'd keep as much weight off that slide as possible.

I love the 24B floorplan, and if I had the extra money right now, I'd have one already.
If I have any concerns with this rig, it's the size of that slide. I'm always really cautious, as I can see it becoming a possible issue. It's a lot hanging off the side of the short rig.

We love the floorplan. I was originally going to buy a 24L Melbourne, which is the same floorplan, and I liked the exterior on the 24L, but I wasn't crazy about the MB chassis and diesel. So, when I saw the 24B with the Ford chassis, and the fact it was $20K less (not that the money was a big factor), that was the winner. I really wanted a the Ford powertrain.

But, I hated the Redhawk exterior, so I told wifey when we buy the 24B, the first thing I'm getting done is a the custom vinyl wrap around the exterior.

Now we have the best of both worlds. A custom exterior and the floorplan we like.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:58 AM   #6

Slide out Vertical Alignment

Greetings,

I’m new to the forum and am having a hard time listing a general post to the forum. I know this thread is on a different topic but maybe you can help.

I have a 2014 Jayco White Hawk. The slide out vertical alignment is off by 4 inches on the bottom. When it closes the top hits first then the bottom comes in and raises the floor up when it is closed. This doesn’t seem correct. I have a picture but can’t figure out how to post it.

Any idea how to adjust it?

Thanks,
Michael
Mieshkapk is offline   Reply With Quote