Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #1

Redhawk 25r Anyone yet?

Anyone have one yet? What are your thoughts on the floor plan? Ty
vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:33 PM   #2

Don't have one but I watched a video online about one that showed it from top to bottom. Nice floorplan.

Things I liked were the TV location and size. Not over the overhead bunk on a swingout like most (and ours)

I like the outside kitchen and large rear storage compartment. Also just one slide to worry about.

Things I didn't like: the bed will be a terror to make and get in and out of. There is no hanging room for clothes and no drawers except in kitchen. No gas oven just a small convection microwave.

Have you looked at the 26Y? It has 2 slides but a walk around queen bed and a nice closet for hanging clothes plus some drawers for clothes. Also has a oven below range with a large space saver microwave above.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:09 AM   #3

Yay! A post I can contribute to!

We purchased a 2018 25R at the end of March. For us, the floorplan is perfect as we will use the vehicle to travel from New England to Florida and Illinois several times per year (my family of 5 was getting cramped in my wife's Chevy Traverse!). This may sound crazy to most of you but we wanted a corner bed so the kids could utilize it while travelling. What a difference it made on our last FL trip.
We were close to pulling the trigger on the 26XD until I stumbled upon the 25R in my web searching. Oddly, there was no mention of this floorplan in the Jayco brochure I picked up from an RV show locally. I traveled 1500 miles to purchase, talk about jumping in to RV life!
We haven't officially camped yet, other than the driveway and rest areas. Our first outing is this weekend!
There is hanging storage behind the TV, but when I'm camping, I could care less if my clothes are wrinkled. I have been busy doing little mods to get it where I want, ladder for the bunk, added a rear TV, USB outlets, etc. As you know, it doesn't come with all of the extra features of the Grey's.

Should you have any questions, feel free to ask!
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaytheDJ View Post
Yay! A post I can contribute to!

We purchased a 2018 25R at the end of March. For us, the floorplan is perfect as we will use the vehicle to travel from New England to Florida and Illinois several times per year (my family of 5 was getting cramped in my wife's Chevy Traverse!). This may sound crazy to most of you but we wanted a corner bed so the kids could utilize it while travelling. What a difference it made on our last FL trip.
We were close to pulling the trigger on the 26XD until I stumbled upon the 25R in my web searching. Oddly, there was no mention of this floorplan in the Jayco brochure I picked up from an RV show locally. I traveled 1500 miles to purchase, talk about jumping in to RV life!
We haven't officially camped yet, other than the driveway and rest areas. Our first outing is this weekend!
There is hanging storage behind the TV, but when I'm camping, I could care less if my clothes are wrinkled. I have been busy doing little mods to get it where I want, ladder for the bunk, added a rear TV, USB outlets, etc. As you know, it doesn't come with all of the extra features of the Grey's.

Should you have any questions, feel free to ask!
I would be a family of 4. Is there enough room in that model?
vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #5

E450 Handling

How does it handle at highway?
Does it wander at highway speeds or is it stable and easy to keep on track (between the lines)?
Harvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #6

We picked up our 2019 25r.
They have made one major improvement.
The battery tray has been moved to under the entrance step, you can now install 2 batteries.
We removed the large tv and installed factory cabinet doors over the opening. We now have tons of storage.
The corner bed is very roomy and comfortable. I am 6ft 3 and can sleep on the bed with out my feet hanging off the end. Making the bed is not as bad as others make it sound.
We chose this floor plan largely because the chassis is not overloaded and has ccc of almost 3000 lbs.
We spend most of our time out doors so the out door kitchen and 19ft awning are great.
The unit feels very solid on the hiway with plenty of power.
Remote camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:11 AM   #7

I would say a family of four would be fine, there are five of us!

It did have a tendency to wander a bit, adjusted tire pressure and installed an upgraded stabilizer bar which helped. May end up doing the alignment as recommended on the may threads here and elsewhere.

After our first camping weekend, I have to say I am very impressed with the unit. The family had a blast.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remote camper View Post
We picked up our 2019 25r.
They have made one major improvement.
The battery tray has been moved to under the entrance step, you can now install 2 batteries.
We removed the large tv and installed factory cabinet doors over the opening. We now have tons of storage.
The corner bed is very roomy and comfortable. I am 6ft 3 and can sleep on the bed with out my feet hanging off the end. Making the bed is not as bad as others make it sound.
We chose this floor plan largely because the chassis is not overloaded and has ccc of almost 3000 lbs.
We spend most of our time out doors so the out door kitchen and 19ft awning are great.
The unit feels very solid on the hiway with plenty of power.
Remote camper, where did you get the factory doors? I may be interested in doing the same.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:15 PM   #9

I ordered the doors and hardware from my Jayco dealer. They are the same doors as below the tv. You also need to order a filler strip to go between the doors. Very easy to install. Looks factory.
Remote camper is offline   Reply With Quote