Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2019, 08:26 PM   #1

Redhawk cabinets 24B

This is likely an issue with other models as well but I'm not sure. The three skinny pull out drawers in the cabinet across from the kitchen broke at the back with the top breaking the taking out the middle, then the bottom one as well. I'm sure jayco would blame the half gallon of burboun on the top drawer as the culprit but I would disagree. I would advise everyone to remove the 3 drawers and remove the screws while installing longer ones to the wooden block that attaches the drawer hardware to the back of the cabinet. None of those 6 screws had more than 1/8 bite into the cabinet if at all. I repeat there is virtually no support at the back of those drawers. It would be much easier to replace each screw one at a time with the block remaining in place instead of after it falls and tears up the back of the cabinet. Not to mention it is a very narrow cabinet and difficult to line every thing back up with one hand while installing longer screws with the other.

Also off topic but make sure that your furnace duct hoses are actually attached to the furnace. One of mine was not and thankfully I caught it before I set the underside of my kitchen counter on fire. I actually burned my arm on the cabinet hardware when removing the kitchen drawers to find the problem. I just love my cute little piece of junk, it gives me something to do every time out.
drmike961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:52 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike961 View Post
This is likely an issue with other models as well but I'm not sure. The three skinny pull out drawers in the cabinet across from the kitchen broke at the back with the top breaking the taking out the middle, then the bottom one as well. .
Wow, that's interesting. Wifey loads those up as a pantry when we go out, and she has a heavy hand.... need to warn her... then plan on beefing it up...

Quote:
I just love my cute little piece of junk, it gives me something to do every time out.
Didn't you say you liked an adventure... just think, all these repairs come included with the price, no extra upgrade cost from the dealer... Ha, did you think this RVing stuff was going to be fun, and no work?????
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:58 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike961 View Post

Also off topic but make sure that your furnace duct hoses are actually attached to the furnace. One of mine was not and thankfully I caught it before I set the underside of my kitchen counter on fire. I actually burned my arm on the cabinet hardware when removing the kitchen drawers to find the problem.
Which actual hose was off? I was in mine today, and fired up the furnace to make sure it worked before we leave. There's three ducts from what I can tell: under the left sink, under the furnace and in the bath. Which hose was off? Or was it at the box itself?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Which actual hose was off? I was in mine today, and fired up the furnace to make sure it worked before we leave. There's three ducts from what I can tell: under the left sink, under the furnace and in the bath. Which hose was off? Or was it at the box itself?
The farthest left hose under the sink was connected at the vent but not to the furnace. Super hot air blowing into the underside of the cabinet drawers.
drmike961 is offline   Reply With Quote