Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2018, 11:36 PM   #1

Redhawk questions

Just purchased a 2019 Redhawk 31xl and am hoping some experienced people can help answer some questions. Just finished a 1400 mile trip and the rig ran great, no issues at all and all systems (except the nav) worked great. Huge step up fro a 20 yr old Minnie Winnie.

1. Can someone tell me what type of slide mechanism is on this unit? The owner's manual is very vague and I would like to educate myself on the mechanism because I read horror stories about slide-outs. So far no issues at all with mine.
2. One slide doesn't seem to close flush from top to bottom. There is a larger gap on the top than on the bottom. It doesn't leak and may be 3/4-1 inch difference. Should I worry about it?
3. Can some one tell me what to clean the TPO roof with? I have read Dawn or Murphy's oil soap, dealer said just water but that doesn't get rid of the leaf stains.

It's funny how you research and research and think you're ok with your purchase and then after you get it you have even more questions, can drive a person crazy. Thanks for any wisdom that can be shared.
Jicama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:14 AM   #2

We have a 2019 ours is a redhawk 22j and the slide needs to stay insink. So our demo person said it is very important to hold slide button for 3 to 5 seconds after slide is in or out each time .i assume since we both have 2019 model yr. Slide mech. Is the same
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:48 AM   #3

Slide motors that are out of sync would only affect front and back as the racks for the motors are front and back. Top and bottom problems are a slide adjustment that should be made by somebody that has a clue how to do it. Whether or not you can find a youtube video on the adjustment, I don't know. If you have a reputable dealer that can actually fix something like this, you could ask them.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:46 PM   #4

Our 2018 31xl has maybe a half inch gap at the top when closed. I think it is ok. We put the covers over our slides.
Kocomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #5

You can dilute spic n spam with warm water for roof with some dawn in it also. I used this on my Jayco jayflight tpo roof and it would leave it spotless. I would then follow up spraying 303 protectant on a rag and wiping the entire roof down to leave it nice and moist and protected.
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:31 PM   #6

I don't clean it no need to. If you must use murphy's oil soap per tpo mfg. Just check sealants every 3 months..
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:55 PM   #7

I used Murphy's on my TPO roof with a long-handled soft-bristled brush and it worked very well. I didn't have any sap or leaf stains to deal with, and I tried to do it twice a year, but most years, I only got to it once. I didn't get really nit-picky with it though, I was really just looking for a basic clean. The roof always looked really good when I was done.

I did check the seals quite often though.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is online now   Reply With Quote