Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2019, 05:12 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
In the Greyhawk J-Ride Plus, it says "Heavy duty rear stabilizer bar, standard rear stabilizer bar"

Should read "heavy duty rear stabilizer bar, standard FRONT stabilizer bar".

Sorry to nitpick, but that front bar being a standard Ford OEM bar makes a HUGE difference. Many members (including myself) have replaced the Ford OEM front bar with an upgraded Hellwig bar with dramatic results.

Those Redhawk drivers who have replaced both front and rear Ford OEM bars with Hellwig upgrades will probably attest to the dramatic difference in their rigs as well.
Another item I don't see on the Greyhawk list is two solid wood pocket doors in the longer models. I believe the Red's have the accordion doors, I may be wrong on that.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:11 AM   #62

If you want to really confuse things throw in the Entegra Oddysey built on the Greyhawk assembly line. It has features in common with the Redhawk, Greyhawk and Greyhawk Prestige.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:37 PM   #63

Greyhawk 29MV has the accordion door in the back bedroom area.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:18 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Greyhawk 29MV has the accordion door in the back bedroom area.
So does the Greyhawk 29 MVP.
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:39 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytalk View Post
So does the Greyhawk 29 MVP.
That's interesting. My Greyhawk 31FS has two wooden doors. Maybe you need to go over 30 foot to get them? Mines a 2017, maybe they cut back on the newer rigs?
Old 06-18-2022, 12:25 PM   #66

We currently have a 2019 Jayco Jayflight 235RKS. We have been wanting to upgrade to a motorhome and almost bought a used 2010 Jayco Greyhawk 3 years ago. But thanks to an honest technician who, during our walk-through, was honest enough to tell us it was a bad buy, we backed out and bought the Jayflight. While I absolutely love the floor plan of our JayFlight, my husband is mildly handicapped and he has problems with hitching and leveling. I have to help him which is okay with me but he feels like he loses a bit of respect from the other men in our camping club. I want to ease his stress and limitations so he can enjoy traveling more often and not worry so much. So we found a used 2021 Entegra Odyssey 26D that we will be taking possession of on Tuesday. After research, I discovered it is basically a Jayco. Size wise, it is comparable to the RedHawks but with upgrades that are found in the Greyhawks. I am thrilled with that info as I love the quality of the Jayco brand and was worried that I would regret trading our Jayflight for an Entegra. Does anyone here have experience with the Entegra Odyssey? Is there any advice or info I should be aware of? We are so excited to be getting our motorhome finally, I hope we haven’t made a mistake!
2015 Prime Time Tracer 242 Air
Cajuntraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:08 PM   #67

We looked at both the Redhawk and the Greyhawk. We noticed material differences in quality on the inside and drove both. Greyhawk was far better than Redhawk in workmanship and in comfort on drive. We finally bought Greyhawk and have owned it for the last 5 years; only disappointment was the 12 v battery installed for the coach (what a nightmare) if you own the 12 cf double side frig/freezer unit. We ended up swapping out the 12 v for two 6 AND also have two 100 w solar panels installed on top. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
Motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:09 PM   #68

I thought that an Odyssey is basically a Greyhawk clone, but it does have that big over the cab window. Does anybody know if there are other features that are over and above what a Greyhawk has ?
Old 06-19-2022, 06:40 AM   #69

Looks like Jayco dropped the Greyhawk ‘Prestige’ line. Personally I like that they dropped it, though I’m not a fan at all of the front cap windshield going on all of them.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 08:52 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Looks like Jayco dropped the Greyhawk ‘Prestige’ line. Personally I like that they dropped it, though I’m not a fan at all of the front cap windshield going on all of them.
I agree Jopop. That big window is kind of a "jee whiz" factor for new buyers, but I still see it as a potential leak source down the road. They say it's better cause it's put in with automotive technology, but there's no point. There's plenty of light from the existing windows. Plus it acts as a big solar entry point to make the rig hot.
Old 06-19-2022, 02:38 PM   #71

I bought 2022 Greyhawk 29mv. Looked at Odyssey and really liked them also. Front window in cab over in Odyssey turned me off because of heat and wondering if in a few years it would leak!
Ttlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 09:26 PM   #72

Odyssey differences

We got the Odyssey because that was the only way to get that window in my desired floor plan (25R). And the Jayco implementation of the cabover window is superior to all of the competitors.

Yes, the window makes it warmer/cooler in the cabover depending on the outside weather.

But,
  • It is the only window at eye level when you are standing and walking around inside the coach (this is more useful than you think),
  • At a campground I can close all my other shades for privacy but leave the bunk window shade up to see out and get natural light,
  • Can't see the stars through it at night, but morning views when you are camping off grid are fantastic,
  • Reduces possibility for claustrophobia, not only for the people sleeping at night but also for passengers during a daytime drive.

I love the cabover window and think that it is a great feature.

Other differences about Redhawk/Grayhawk/Odyssey:
Paint - Odyssey offers a "partial paint" option. Redhawk has no option and Grayhawk offers full body paint.
Odyssey also retains the key latch storage doors of the Redhawk and not the slam latches in the Grayhawk.
Odyssey has JRide from Redhawk and not JRide+
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote