Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #1

Remove headliner Seneca 2015

Has anybody removed a headliner in the cab? If so, how??

Thanks
Tom
enduriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:52 PM   #2

This is not a simple project. I did it to resolve a squeak overhead and to add insulation.

You have to remove the panels behind the seats. The driver side is easy to remove in my unit 37ts. Passenger side was a little more difficult due to small cabinet.

Then you have to pull the trim and staples on the floor of the overhead bunk. To do this i used a large flat crown bar and just started to pry it up. You will have to fill these holes with filler and refinish after the project is done
Once the floor is up you can remove the staples ondraw thremovede pleather taped foam protection pad. Once this pad is you with see the head liner is stabled to the side of the opening. Then remove the plastic trim in the cab which is golden the liner up. Finally the line is stabled to the headliner material running from the ceiling to the floor behind each seat.

Then the reverse. Probably takes two hours to remove. 2-3 to replace and another 2-3 to refinish the wood floor of the bunk.

You will need a power stapler to resecure the liner material and attach the wood deck. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190603_012906.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	50295
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:51 AM   #3

Thank you for this post. I took both plywood panels off, drivers and passanger sides. Found I could see through to outdoors on the bottom, and the fiberglass seams, formerly held together I assume by the self tapping screws I found on the floor. The floor was a piece of sheet metal laying there, the drivers side was held by one screw, the passanger side, nothing.
I dont yet know if I fixed the squeak from the bunk, but I put bolts in both sides where the upper and lower fiberglass panels meet and I secured the "floor" sheet metal and sealed it. I took part of the material off that finished the entry to the cab, will keep working on the to find source of the squeak.
What did you do to stop the squeak? Thanks
Clarkst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 11:38 AM   #4

I removed many of the screws and shoved thin pieces of plastic between the roof supports and the metal deck. I then added additional screws and reset the liner. It has been quiet since.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote