Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2022, 04:14 PM   #1

Renogy DCC50 in Jayco Greyhawk

I am adding a Renogy DCC50 Mppt solar controler to my 2021 27u Greyhawk. Looking for any advice on this install. I am putting 400w of solar on the roof, but am wondering about wiring to the chassis battery thru the controller in regards to what is already feeding the house batteries while driving. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:36 PM   #2

I installed one in my 2020 29MV to charge the lithium batteries. My batteries are beneath the entry step and I added the DCC 50 to the forward wall of the compartment just behind them. I screwed the charger and circuit breakers for input and output to a piece of plywood, then bolted that to the forward wall of the cargo compartment. The black 4 gauge wire that ran from aux start solenoid to the batteries is now connected to the input (through a C/B) of the DCC 50. It's very near the batteries so the original wire reached easily and it was easy to run new wiring from the charger to the batteries. I haven't added solar (yet) but the pre-wired connection from the roof is in that same cargo compartment so will be easy to add. I don't know if you've got solar panels yet but the Renogy will only accept input less than 25V, so you've got to be sure to select panels with Voc less than that. I also added Renogy's BT2 bluetooth module so I can control the charger from my iPhone. Here's a picture of the install:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4143.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	83411