Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2023, 11:10 AM   #1

Replacement Furniture 31 FS

I have a 2018 31FS Greyhawk and need to replace all the interior furniture due to peeling.

Have the jack knife couch and would like to replace it with entertainment chairs but have the slide box there. Any suggestions?
jlinebaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 03:32 PM   #2

It's been done.

Here's one thread that was started awhile ago to read up on:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ats-82211.html

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 05:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlinebaugh View Post
I have a 2018 31FS Greyhawk and need to replace all the interior furniture due to peeling.

Have the jack knife couch and would like to replace it with entertainment chairs but have the slide box there. Any suggestions?
thank you all for your comments. I have a big wood box under my couch,
Not sure if the plywood would work - need to go somewhere they have furniture where you can look at framing.
jlinebaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 06:09 PM   #4

So we have the 2016 31FK. And our jack-knife was mounted up on the slide. I pulled it out and put in two RecPro recliners. In my case, the slide base wasn't deep enough, the front edge of the recliners hung over the slide edge, into the air, by about 3 inches if I recall.

So, I put down a sheet of 3/4" plywood, fastened it to the slide using the holes that held the jackknife sofa in place. The new plywood was deep enough to just hold the depth of the recliner; support the front edge. The recliners are bolted to the plywood.

It works well. The big downside is that the recliners are now 3" up higher than they should be. The height of the slide was 2 inches or so. Then the 3/4" of the plywood. I can sit in them, but my wife needs to hop up a bit.

Even with this minor annoyance we are so happy to have the RecPro recliners instead of the jack-knife sofa.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:24 AM   #5

I thought about doing this conversion (sofa to recliners), but my son borrows the RV for the 24 hour race at Daytona, and has a friend that sleeps on the pull out couch.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote