Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2019, 09:04 AM   #21

Jimmyd,

We went with "chestnut." It is darker than the "mahogany." We ordered the fabric swatches from RecPro thinking one of the other colors would be the one we chose. When we placed them in the RV, the wife and I both thought the chestnut was the best as it blended well with similar colors in the window valance, bunk curtains, etc.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:49 AM   #22

Chestnut was my first choice then I thought the lighter color might be cooler. I like the darker color because we travel with a Black and Tan Coonhound. I may just go with the Chestnut. Thanks for your input.
Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:43 AM   #23

For those of you who have replaced the jackknife with the reclining loveseat, did you install seat belts in case a passenger needs to sit back there while traveling?
Darravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darravan View Post
For those of you who have replaced the jackknife with the reclining loveseat, did you install seat belts in case a passenger needs to sit back there while traveling?

I left the ones installed by Jayco, but left them behind the recliners. We don’t use them while in motion, and don’t want to be sitting on them when we use the recliners at camp. We have no need for them because it is always just the two of us in the GreyHawk.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darravan View Post
I asked the same question somewhere on the forum. The poster responded that they work the same way as they do with the sofa. You just run them up through the gap between the seat and the back on the new recliners and buckle away.

I plan to eventually do this mod, and we always have our son along, so I wanted to make sure I could still belt him in.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:47 PM   #26

x2 for gprapim's reply. We left ours under the recliners because it's just the DW and I.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgarmon View Post
We moved our double jack-knife sofas to our living room in our house. We love the extra space and make a little office with our lap tops and other office stuff. We also carry our bird cage in that spot for our pet Joey, a Conure bird when we snowbird in Arizona
We have a 2017 29ME and my question is, how did you get the sofa out the door? Forgive my ignorance if it comes apart into multiple pieces. Never really looked. I think we have only extended it once in a year and a half of use.

But, we would much prefer recliners. Also, I just bought a replacement TV for the Furrion from Costco (1080P, TCL/Roku 'smart TV') and will be starting on that project this weekend.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:51 PM   #28

I had a powered reclining loveseat installed in our 31FS a couple weeks ago. We were driving through Indiana, so I paid a visit to Lambright Comfort Seating near Middlebury. They had a model in the showroom with color/features I liked. They were able to install it on the spot.

I removed the jackknife sofa in their parking lot. It took me about 15 minutes. The base of the jackknife was secured to the slide room floor with four L brackets and nuts. The threaded studs coming up through the floor were not removable and stayed in place. The right and left arm assemblies were secured to the jackknife frame with a few wood screws.

After disassembly, I had 3 pieces that would easily pass through the door. Rather than disposing of the jackknife in Indiana, I laid it flat on the cabover bunk and brought it home. It's now stored away for future use/resale.

Additionally, I removed the two vertical valance sections from the window behind the sofa. Pulled out two screws and a few staples. They may not have interfered and likely could be reinstalled.

As stated, the existing seat belts work fine when passed between the seat and back cushions on the reclining loveseat. When fully reclined, the female side of the seatbelt tends to "disappear" behind the cushions and has to be fished out again. I have longer seatbelts to install in those positions.

The framework for the new loveseat wasn't an exact match for the old mounting pattern, so they secured it to the slide room floor with lag bolts. I will likely add some additional brackets for more security.

I took on this upgrade without my wife present - fortunately she was happy with my choice My kids were there to help pick it out and they LOVE their new seats.

-Doug

"There are times where we make mistakes as we are human beings and sometimes we miss things." - John Culp, Jayco Customer Service
MontanaBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_here View Post
We have a 2017 29ME and my question is, how did you get the sofa out the door? Forgive my ignorance if it comes apart into multiple pieces. Never really looked. I think we have only extended it once in a year and a half of use.

But, we would much prefer recliners. Also, I just bought a replacement TV for the Furrion from Costco (1080P, TCL/Roku 'smart TV') and will be starting on that project this weekend.

It comes apart. All you have to do is lift it up and take a good look at it and it will be obvious as to how to unscrew it and take out in pieces. It is not a difficult process.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:33 PM   #30

Where is the photo?
2rvfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:23 AM   #31

Did you ever find the pics from diesel the?
Eaglelmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:45 PM   #32

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprapim View Post
Decide for yourself. This is mine installed in my 2017 GreyHawk.

Attachment 46846Attachment 46847
how far out from the wall did you mount? looks like our greyhawk (different plan) has similar valances and was thinking the side pieces would ahve to come out because they're 4" deep and the seat back tops would be well above their bottom just like in your upright photo
av8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 12:18 PM   #33

Just ordered our recpro recliner and cannot wait to get that jack knife sofa out! Going to soak up some recliner time on our next trip to test out. Said in stock and available in cloth material with 3 year warranty on material in oatmeal color.
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote