Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
cgg

Replacing the stereo in the RedHawk?

Hey All. I'm really interested in purchasing a Redhawk, but the 90s-era cab stereo has got to go. Any links to what might fit and be a little more modern with bluetooth, touchscreen, GPS etc? What's in the Greyhawk would be perfectly fine -- would that be possible to get though a dealer maybe?

In fact I'd actually prefer to go with a Greyhawk level trim, if they only came in something shorter than 29'... but as I checked the website again i just noticed a "coming soon" 26Y... interesting!
cgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:20 PM   #2

You might try Crutchfield.com Any of the double Din models will fit. I looked into the same, but none of the indash GPS units were specifically geared to RV, Bridges etc. We use a Garmin we have had and added Sirus as a portable dash mount unit. Fidelity is greatly improved with a speaker upgrade. call them. great source of options.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #3

Hiya,

One of the reasons that we got the Redhawk over the Greyhawk, is that we didn't want the in-dash navigation unit. After researching it, we found that it wasn't that well made, was difficult to update, and didn't come with lifetime map and traffic updates. so we put in a Kenwood single DIN Stereo/CD from Best Buy, and got a Garmin 760 RV GPS from Wall-Mart.

We're extremely pleased with the Garmin... easy to update, and also syncs with our smart phones so that it will send and receive calls. Also has a great speaker, so even this old guy can hear calls through it. Also nice that we can use it in the RV, or in any of our cars.

One of our camping group is furious with his new Greyhawk... 3 months and he's already had to have the dash radio replaced, the Furrion TV replaced (no sound), he replaced the hot water heater with a normal tank unit, and THEN he found out that the Greyhawk ceiling bulbs can't be replaced, he has to replace the entire fixture. All he wanted to do was change the LED bulbs to a warm white version... I tease him unmercifully that in the Redhawk is no problem, just pop in a new bulb.

Now he wants to trade it for a Redhawk!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:10 PM   #4

I will gladly trade you for my clarion radio that came with my greyhawk. It does everything you could imagine except it is next to impossiable to find a radio station while driving. You need to be an IT expert to use it.
Greyhawk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:21 PM   #5

My Clarion radio and DVD player do not work after only 3 yrs. Tried to get info from Clarion, and nothing. Waiting until end of season and looking to replace. 2013 Greyhawk.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #6

Replace for 2010 Grayhawk

If anyone knows of a decent replacement for the one in the 2010 Grayhawk, let me know.
Have no idea how to update the software and the nav system is, shall we say, a bit dated.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:17 PM   #7

Well, say what you will about the Clarion, but I suspect that it will make a decent canoe anchor!

��
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:08 AM   #8

2016 Greyhawk. Would like to replace Furrion in dash unit. Making sure it is turned off, after engine is started, is a pain. Also very difficult to use. Drains rv battery. Would it be an easy switch? Can you recommend a unit, that has gps and radio? One that shuts off when engine is shut off. TIA
Mizbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
redhawk stereo