Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2022, 07:01 PM   #1

Replacing touch screen

My 2012 Greyhawk's touch screen which controls the audio, navigation and camera no longer works very well when touched. I would like to replace the whole thing with updated technology. Would also like a better backup camera that is color instead of b/w. Is this a possibility? What do you suggest? Thanks for your help.
cchandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 07:33 PM   #2

Call Crutchfeilds and talk to one of their advisors. They know what works and what you need to install it. Their prices are reasonable and they have excellent tech support.
Duramaxsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 04:48 PM   #3

x2 on crutchfield
flat towing 2005 nissan frontier 4x4, 6 speed.
fenderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:46 AM   #4

Do you use Android Auto/Apple car play in other cars?
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:41 AM   #5

I would suggest considering a 10.1" android car stereo. Here are some images of mine taken years back to show hit it fits against the dash and this one is no longer available otherwise I would share a link but there are newer ones on amazon for example (and not overly expensive). This one swivels up and down, some swivel in all directions, and some don't swivel at all. I don't have an issue with swiveling sideways as I can see it clearly the way it is positioned, but I may would get my next one with all direction swivel capabilities.

I have not found any android phone app that I couldn't install. There is an option for the camera(s) to turn on automatically, however I chose to set mine up so I could look at the rear camera upon demand so I could see the toad while driving. Also, I don't have side cameras however I think the radio supports multiple cameras.

In any case, like my RV the Android radio I have is older, and the radio is a bit slow to load a new app, but only seconds really, maybe 10 seconds and I suspect the new radios wouldn't be slow like mine is.

I would only suggest this if you are familiar with wiring radios and harnesses as it was a bit of a challenge for me to install this, but I will never go back to a standard radio, perhaps a newer radio like this one day that is faster but again, this one isn't too slow for my needs, especially once the app is loaded. ~CA
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6954.jpg   IMG_6963.jpg   IMG_6966.jpg