Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2020, 11:46 PM   #41

Steve's RV
Lacombe, Louisiana
Exclusive Jayco Dealer

Stan & Connie
2021 Jayco X23E
2000 Four Winds Class C 23J (Gone)
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7

I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.
Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is God's business.
Xray23Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:45 AM   #42

We went to Haylett in Coldwater MI and couldn’t be happier with our experience and service after 4 years. They aren’t the cheapest but I don’t want the cheapest. I want a dealer i know went through my rv thoroughly before the transport company unhitched it. I want a dealer that will walk me through the trailer and answer all my questions. I want a dealer that will be there for me when (not if) warranty issues occur. I have found Haylett to be all that and to be honest about the deal and not add any ridiculous fees to pad their profit. Just my experience but we will be going back to them.
Centerline WDH
Hazman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:46 AM   #43

Great Dealership

We have had great interactions with RV One. Negotiated via internet and phone with the Orlando store. Their price CRUSHED CW and everyone else. Excellent delivery and follow up experience. Went to their Myrtle Beach location for recall work and an awning replacement under warranty. Treated us like family.
GreyhawkScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:21 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
I still await the day someone shares where that dealer is... We will need to take our Seneca in sometime to redeem our $5k extended warranty.. I need to know where it is!!!

I've tried to deal with CW in Nashville, Chattanooga, Houston/Katy and a couple others I can't remember. Their business practices were less than honest. I would never go to them to purchase anything.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:45 AM   #45

I've used NIRVC near Atlanta for the few warranty issues I've had and have found them to be very professional and accommodating.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:13 AM   #46

We've purchased 3 trailers from Burlington RV in Sturtevant, WI. Everyone has always treated us good there and we never felt like we had to take a shower after visiting the dealership. They also offer free seminars on maintenance, even for things like replacing windows and searching for leaks.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:45 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
We've purchased 3 trailers from Burlington RV in Sturtevant, WI. Everyone has always treated us good there and we never felt like we had to take a shower after visiting the dealership. They also offer free seminars on maintenance, even for things like replacing windows and searching for leaks.
I purchased a trailer from them too (and would have bought my last one from them if they had the one I wanted). My had has bought 5 from them since 1983. Always good to deal with and I trust their service department.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:28 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
I did not know there was such a thing as a Reputable RV Dealer in todays world.

Sadly, all too true. Just when you think dealers (RV or car/truck) have cleaned up their act, you find that they're just wearing a better brand of aftershave.
harryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:00 AM   #49

We've bought way too many rv's in the past 40 years. Buying our Pinnacle from McGaugh RV in Springdale, Ar was by far, and I do mean by far, the best yet. No hype, no bull, upfront pricing, great service department, a PDI that took over 3 hours, all systems hooked up, tested and functioning, etc. We traded in our previous fifth wheel and got a trade in price without them seeing it which I thought was fair. The initial price on the Pinnacle was the best I had gotten shopping several dealers. When we did take our trade to them to see the trade in value was upped $1500 because of its great condition. A first for me.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:22 AM   #50

While they are not a "Jayco" dealer, they sell the sister Class C motorhome, Entegra Coach Odyssey, Esteem, and Accolade. General RV was a great experience for us (I drove from Atlanta to Ocala, FL to purchase over our only local dealer in Atlanta that sells Entegra at National Indoor RV Center). I received lower than MAP for a 2021 model. Deal was done on the phone and I walked in to just sign paperwork, pick up my rig, and drive back home. I think it was a great experience!
CaptainDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:59 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGV View Post
We're thinking of purchasing the newest Jayco Greyhawk, but friends and the internet are warning us away from the local Camping World dealer to which Jayco referred us. Everything I've heard and read about Camping World as a whole is shockingly bad and reading the reviews for the local dealership, they look shady as heck. I called Jayco and asked for a comprehensive list of dealers so I could research, but they aren't calling me back. That alone is actually making me question if I want to stick with my Jayco decision after all.

I'm looking for Dealer advice.

I don't want to play buying games; I have the means and desire to own this RV and I know more or less what I should expect to pay, (and what I'll lose driving off the lot), and what I should be receiving for my money. I expect whomever I purchase the RV from to under promise and over deliver. I expect that if a new RV has failure(s) that I'm not going to be given the run around. And, I expect that anyone I hand that much money to has good values and ethics which are reflected throughout their company, from front to back. Not getting that vibe from CW.

Would be grateful to hear your experiences and learn from the wisdom of those who've gone before me. Thanks!

-V
Planet Earth
NGV
When I was looking to purchase my Jayco I contacted several Jayco dealers in my area and on the internet. I contacted Camping World, but had a bad experience with my previous RV service. I contacted other Jayco dealers in Tennessee, Indiana, and Georgia for a quote. After I have received all information from each dealer, my wife and I decided to purchase our Jayco from Indiana RV Connection in Middlebury, In. I have needed service on my Jayco, but have returned to Jayco factory for need repairs (sidewall crack) Great service performed by Jayco factory. In 2017 when my RV was built and ready to take ownership I arranged with RV Connection and ordered. When it was ready to pickup I also arranged to stay at the dealership, Which they have 50 amp power and water, to be sure everything was operating properly, A/C, heater, water faucets, etc. Stayed 2 days and they did have to work on the kitchen water lines (leaking) I have consulted with RV Connection for the front compartment door, that recently was damaged when the tailgate on the TV lowered while driving. They ordered and ship and I installed.

I would purchase from RV Connection again! You will read horror stories on CW
2020 Ford Super Duty F-350 DRW King Ranch FX4
SenoiaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:02 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjr View Post
Sadly, all too true. Just when you think dealers (RV or car/truck) have cleaned up their act, you find that they're just wearing a better brand of aftershave.
There are. When we contemplated purchasing our little trailer we interviewed the Service Dept. We paid attention to their tone and asked about their repair policies.

Those are the people who will either be with you or agin you after the sale when the poop hits the fan. The sales people are relatively minor. They haggle and bounce figures around. As our trailer price leaves little haggle room and we are actually at the end of any RV supply line we were not surprised that we could not beat the salesperson much. And the unit needed to be built. He did keep us up to date on build progress.

The service dept did our PDI walk through

Now waiting on a 212 QB to arrive. Hopefully we are faster next time. ( one arrived two weeks ago and was grabbed at the opening minute. We were an hour late). One is coming , the folks at the Call of the Wild in Oxford ME told us. Actually the service manager is on top of arrivals so he is our go to person.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:52 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
...Please post the rest of this dealers info... we just might head that way!!!
The CW dealer is in Anderson, just south of Redding. We bought our rig at what is now Gander RV next to it (same outfit) and the service has been acceptable. We’ve not used the CW service department, but I have been to the store multiple times and it is so-so. Last time there, I did overhear a service advisor really pressuring a customer on the phone to have them do a costly repair. I wasn’t impressed.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:44 PM   #54

This month three years ago... marks the last time we have allowed our Seneca touch the ground of any CW dealership. These three years have been a blessing in disguise, even though we were dumb enough to purchase a 5-year Extended Warranty(Service Contract) with CW that basically states that we must get all repairs done at the local CW service location.

Now let me be the first to say that all CW locations are not bad! Just the ones we happen to visit with our Seneca. We have found a few CW stores that had the parts we needed for our fridge, furnace and water-pump pressure switch - but I won't let them put them in, I will do it myself. On the larger issues we encountered, we opted to find a local "Factory Authorized Service Center" and have them send their mobile service crew to fix our issue at our own expense. This way we know that the repair is done right, I get to watch it being fixed right and they are not going to keep my Seneca for days-weeks-months in a back-lot with my batteries running dead after they leave the lights on.

Our Carefree Awnings have seen service a couple of times, Onan Factory service for periodic maintenance and a couple of Mobile RV Doctors have worked on our fridge and furnace. All were fixed right the first time, on the day they came out and at very reasonable cost. I figure that we have saved $1,800 in ruined batteries by not leaving it at a CW service center alone.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #55

I will second jim's Trailer Sales in Grafton OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeHB View Post
We have had a great experience with Jim’s Trailer Sales in Grafton, Ohio. Just west and slightly south of Cleveland. Great price. I have only had a couple of minor issues which they took care of the first time. Family run business, excellent service manager.
We bought a new 2019 Greyhawk Prestige 29MVP from Jim's Trailer Sales in Grafton OH last year and have nothing but positive things to say about this second generation family run business. No high pressure tactics, VERY fair pricing , and they treat their customer's like family. No add ins and markups. Service department is very good and they make a solid effort in fixing issues and making you happy. They have such a great reputation and customers are like family, that many of their customers volunteer to help them at the Cleveland RV show. We had unpleasant experiences at CW and General RV when researching our purchase and are gald we found JTS. No regrets buying from them!
dergar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 02:43 PM   #56

I would highly recommend Manteca Trailer in Manteca (California) and if you do purchase there ask for your Service Advisor to be Scott. One the purchase was complete, and I did my homework on pricing and got the price I wanted, their service has been excellent. We chose to purchase from them because they have 28 service bays and they prioritize customers who purchase from them.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:04 PM   #57

I am wishing you good luck and hope you get it. I bought a 6 figure Jayco brand new in July 2019. I thought I was being smart by shopping nationwide after I picked the make and model I wanted. I submitted requests for bids from 6 different dealers who had the exact coach I wanted spread from east to west coast. I got a really good price and flew to pick it up and drive home. Before I got home 10 hours later I had a list of problems, from irritating to significant. No problem 2 year warranty, right. I soon found out the local Camping World was not interested in working on a coach they did not sell. Problem, each dealership has a priority system and it's not first come first served, are always behind (weeks or months) and operate unlike any other service operation I have ever dealt with. If you are a warranty repair and did not buy it from them you are bottom rung on their ladder. Even if you get a scheduled date it will likely be changed a few times. Okay, so try to take it somewhere else, no, Jayco will not authorize warranty work to non-dealers in an area where there is a dealer (we only have one within 3 hours). Also, Jayco will not sell or ship parts to anywhere except authorized dealers. It's hard to explain how terrible the CW I'm stuck with is, I am 15 months into my MH and less than half the items have been successfully repaired. It has been in the shop or deadlined at home waiting for an appointment for 10 of those months. The last time was nine weeks to replace a window that spontaneously gapped. I have communicated with Jayco Customer Service so many times I gave up documenting it, there's just too much and on the multiple times I've requested a manager I was told they would be given my number. I have never received a call back. I now would rather pay to have it serviced anywhere other than CW than to let them do work under warranty. My advise, choose a dealer with a good reputation and customer ratings within driving distance of your home, then pick an RV they sell at whatever price they will give you and then hope.
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:37 PM   #58

After the monster surge in rv purchases the last 6 months, taking any vehicle to get worked on is going to be a nightmare. La Mesa RV took good care of me before, during and after buying my Esteem . The only problem is sales for Entegra/Jayco motor homes have to been so hot, there is not much room to negotiate. People are buying them sight unseen, before they even reach the dealers.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #59

Send a message via AIM to 2KOOL4U Send a message via Skype™ to 2KOOL4U
I bought my MH @ RV One in St. Augustine and have it serviced @ RV One in Myrtle Beach. They are the best. CW sucks so bad.
2KOOL4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 03:25 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KOOL4U View Post
CW sucks so bad.
This is an older post. CW recently purchased the dealership near my parent's place. We stopped in to kick a few tires. OMG, if all their sales reps were like this guy, RUN, RUN fast! He would not talk with my DW (she liked that). One of the things he told me; the dry weight only matters for the tow vehicle and GVWR does not matter. Absolutely insistent GVWR has nothing to do with the TV.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote