Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #21

Google "Torque values for common bolt sizes" for a chart
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
A lot of guys say you need to carry the tire though. Roadside service usually doesnt bring the tire.
Where do you carry the spare -- or rather, where could you carry a spare in a Redhawk 26XD? Short of a carrier mounted on the bumper, I can't see how it is possible.
Mark3316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark3316 View Post
Where do you carry the spare -- or rather, where could you carry a spare in a Redhawk 26XD? Short of a carrier mounted on the bumper, I can't see how it is possible.
Good point Mark, as I'm pondering that issue as well. I've done one season without a spare, but I want to carry the tire at least. There are some rigs where you can hoist it up underneath. I saw one guy did a GM style crank/cable to get it up. Another guy lashes his to the roof, but he probably has a roof rail. Still another guy has it on top of his toad, and I've heard of guys storing it under the bed. I'm going to tackle that issue shortly and will give feedback on what worked for me.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:49 PM   #24

First tool....1/2" drive 0 to 200lb torque wrench with appropriate deep socket for your wheel lugs. The torque values for your lugs should be 140lbs. Ford stamps the torque values on the lugs. Plus, an 18" breaker bar. Don't go cheap, especially on the torque wrench. Proper wheel torque is critical, trust me. We had a wheel come off a 40' 5th wheel because the idiots at the dealership checked the lugs with an air impact wrench. The repair shop checked the other wheels and they had been torqued to 180 to 190 lbs. When we hit a small pothole, all the studs shared off. The ride was nothing short of a Six Flags special.
jdgmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:38 PM   #25

be sure you have a socket for the plug on your water heater along with some Teflon tape. you do not want to use an open end wrench on that
2017 195 RB
Toyota Tacome crew cab 4wd w/ tow pkg
Wife and Gracie the wonder dog
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote