Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2019, 06:34 PM   #1

Residential Refrigerator

Anyone find the water source and shut off valve for the Seneca’s with the residential refrigerator? I have a 2019 37TS and have not found the water shut off. How do you winterize it? And the ice maker?
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:34 AM   #2

Not a Seneca, but in our TT, with our Residential Fridge, I winterize the ice maker just like the rest of the TT, with RV Anti-freeze. During the PDI, we were told there is a solenoid that we can jumper that will force the ice maker to demand water to more quickly winterize the ice maker. I wasn't able to find it, so I just leave the pump on over night and let the ice maker pull anti-freeze in as needed. Once pink ice cubes are no longer coming out of the ice maker, just slushy anti-freeze, it is good to go.

Some folks say don't put anti-freeze in the ice makers while others say it is okay. It came from the factory fully winterized and was making pink ice cubes when we first took delivery of the TT. This is our 3rd season in the TT, winterized for 3 winters with Anti-freeze in the ice maker, and we have not had any issues. We usually throw away the ice cubes that are made the first few days to avoid the anti-freeze taste.

Our refrigerator does not have a water filter in it. If it did, I would let anti-freeze go through the filter, but throw it away after dewinterizing and get a new filter cartridge.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:14 PM   #3

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I will keep your technique in mind. Will mess with blowing it out with air for a while. I’m also going to call Jayco to find where to water line is that feeds the refrigerator..I’ve looked everywhere and have not found it. Thanks again
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:16 AM   #4

Don't have your model but found our water supply under the stove. Had to remove the drawer to find it.

My manual says to use a filter bypass filter.
https://www.frigidaire.com/Filters--...ers/242294402/

Additionally, holding down the rocker switch in the on position will cycle the ice maker to ensure antifreeze will fill it.

Attached Thumbnails
47507615_2113122939002934_3145886522947928064_o.jpg  

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote