Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2016, 11:53 PM   #1

Road trips are awesome

Just came back from Disney this past 4 th weekend also took a trip to right south of Memphis tenn and planning a trip to Indiana I have family in all them states love driving the Motorhome and also let my wife drive it for about 100 miles coming home from Orlando Florida looking forward to making a trip to the canyon next year any other good road trip suggestions I enjoy longer road trips not just a hour I'm fro Thibodaux Louisiana
Karl06greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:55 AM   #2

How did your wife like driving the rig? We have a 14 hr trip coming up at the end of the month and my wife has finally volunteered to get behind the wheel. Hoping I can get some shut eye...
Colorado Springs, CO
JDSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:58 AM   #3

I have heard that the Keys are a nice place to camp. I have flown down there and stayed in hotels, but I would love to haul the camper down one day.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSport View Post
How did your wife like driving the rig? We have a 14 hr trip coming up at the end of the month and my wife has finally volunteered to get behind the wheel. Hoping I can get some shut eye...
I'm lucky in that my wife has had no issues driving our 31FK. She enjoys it.

I'm **mostly** able to relax when she's at the wheel.
Mostly...
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #5

She liked it the only thing she drives slower than I do at 65 or so as I drive around 70-75 so when the 18 wheelers pass they pushe her and pull her so she has to keep a strong grip on the wheel I only let her drive on a straight run pulling in and out of rest areas I didn't want her to make wide turns at a gas station or anything like that she did great she told me she realize that you really have to be alert when driving something this big I laughed and told her I was the same way when I first started driving the coach but now I'm more relaxed I'm still aware of my surroundings but more relaxed as I have more experience looking in mirrors and judging turns and changing lane it would be good to allow your wife to get the experience
Karl06greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:39 AM   #6

We love road trips. We're on one right now. Started out going to Bryce, Zion and Grand Canyon National Parks (Zion was ridiculously crowded). Then went to Laughlin, NV to check out a campground there for a possible winter get-away. It was 118 degrees when we arrived, we couldn't get our camper cooler than 99 during the day, so we left after only one night (we were worried about our dog). Now we're in Santa Fe for a week, on to Lava Hot Springs, ID to meet up with our son and daughter, and then home. It's been a great trip. We will have been gone for about 3 weeks. Our motorhome is small, but it's so much easier to handle than pulling our trailer, especially when we're gassing up! We always go on a big road trip in September-October when the summer chaos has eased.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote