Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2021, 06:57 PM   #1

roadside assistance

Does anyone know of a good roadside assistance program. I have a 2020 Melbourne and would like to see what others are using.

Thanks
PAL70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:14 PM   #2

We picked the Progressive Insurance plan that rolls it in. My wife, decided to sign us up for Good Sam's. Not sure why... When I mentioned it to her, we did a side by side comparison and they looked very comparable.

The GS renewal came in the mail yesterday.
$230...

Said "bye-bye" to GS.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:57 PM   #3
Site Team

We have the Good Sam Roadside also, but to date have never used it, so I really can't say how it is in the real world.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:43 AM   #4

We have Good Sam's and AAA RV Plus. We have used both in the past
Daniel3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:12 AM   #5

We have AARP https://www.aarproadside.com/pdf/AARPPremierRV.pdf

I seem to remember that one of the roadside services will deliver gas but not diesel. AARP Premier will deliver diesel, supposedly according to them.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #6

We have Good Sam. Last summer we were in the mountains and our car wouldn't start when we were ready to head home. Our son was using it to pull his camper trailer - we have a Melbourne Motorhome. Good Sam came exactly when they said they would, took our Dodge Durango back to our town - about 80 miles away - and even said they would pull our son's camper back, too. We opted to go back for the camper. It didn't cost us a penny. Just renewed at $219.95.

We used to also have Allstate. Called them when we had a blowout on the interstate in New Mexico in 2019, and they never came. We never renewed.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:26 PM   #7

I have Progressive because they will pay for a Low-Boy trailer to haul your Motorhome if you do not want it Towed by a Wrecker type truck...I called and ask the Road Service call # and they said Yes it would Pay....
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 02:25 PM   #8

I just happened to check mine out and it expired a few months ago.. oops.. time to buy again. I suppose its like any insurance..

GoodSam is 50% off right now.

They did have a gas discount when I had them a few years ago but I don't see that anywhere..
Old 04-12-2021, 03:14 PM   #9

We have Progressive insurance which comes with roadside assistance. used once, with good results.
Glenn268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini4mw View Post
GoodSam is 50% off right now.

For New members only....longtime members pay full price, no rewards for loyalty.
2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4, 10-1-2021

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:39 PM   #11

USAA has roadside assistance and insures our RV. I have heard that others have not been able to get RV insurance through them. We have but it may be because we have auto and home through them too.
Or that we have been with them for 57 years. I dunno. Our total insurance bill is a grand a year for everything.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:48 PM   #12

We have roadside assistance through FMCA. Of course you do have to join FMCA first. However with the FMCA membership alone you get FMCAssist for free. Lots of benefits but the number one for me, is someone will deliver my 33,000 pound motorhome to me at my home if I become incapacitated. My dear wife has not attempted to drive this beast yet.

Here are some of the FMCAssist benefits

Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
Return Home
Family Travel Expense
Return of Mortal Remains
Return of Dependent Children
Recreational Vehicle/RV Return (limited to trips in North America only)
Return of Private Passenger Automobile (limited to trips in North America only)
Pet Return
Prescription Medication and Glasses Replacement
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
Emergency Cash and Emergency Room Cash Benefits
houstonstroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
USAA has roadside assistance and insures our RV. I have heard that others have not been able to get RV insurance through them. We have but it may be because we have auto and home through them too.
Or that we have been with them for 57 years. I dunno. Our total insurance bill is a grand a year for everything.
I have life, auto, home, and banking accounts with USAA. When I went to get my RV insurance they told me that they only have RV insurance in certain states, and Texas was not one of them. The person I spoke with didn't say why that is and told me that they work with Progressive which did not have great rates for me. I went with Farm Bureau instead as they had the best rates and a good reputation (at least around where I live) as well as roadside assistance which covers almost any roadside need, but has a $125.00 limit (I believe) per occurrence and anything over that is my responsibility. ~CA
Old 04-13-2021, 01:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonstroker View Post
We have roadside assistance through FMCA. Of course you do have to join FMCA first. However with the FMCA membership alone you get FMCAssist for free. Lots of benefits but the number one for me, is someone will deliver my 33,000 pound motorhome to me at my home if I become incapacitated. My dear wife has not attempted to drive this beast yet.

Here are some of the FMCAssist benefits

Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
Return Home
Family Travel Expense
Return of Mortal Remains
Return of Dependent Children
Recreational Vehicle/RV Return (limited to trips in North America only)
Return of Private Passenger Automobile (limited to trips in North America only)
Pet Return
Prescription Medication and Glasses Replacement
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
Emergency Cash and Emergency Room Cash Benefits

Thanks for reminding me of this. They are currently running a special to renew and I've been debating. This feature in and of itself is worth the money, as like you my wife hasn't ever driven the RV.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
We picked the Progressive Insurance plan that rolls it in. My wife, decided to sign us up for Good Sam's. Not sure why... When I mentioned it to her, we did a side by side comparison and they looked very comparable.

The GS renewal came in the mail yesterday.
$230...

Said "bye-bye" to GS.
I was debating bolting on the Progressive roadside this time around. I will have to pay more attention to what it actually covers when I enroll.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I was debating bolting on the Progressive roadside this time around. I will have to pay more attention to what it actually covers when I enroll.
I have Progressive full timer insurance for my trailer, and the roadside assistance add-on costs only $15 per year. What surprises me is that it also covers the tow vehicle. The following quote is from the Progressive Roadside Assistance web page

Quote:
Along with roadside assistance for your RV, your coverage also extends to any vehicle being used to tow/haul your travel trailer, camper, fifth wheel, etc. even if itís not insured by us.
Quote:
What does roadside assistance cover?

Roadside assistance covers the same events whether you drive a car, motorcycle, boat, or RV. However, there are some unique aspects for each type. Whether you're in your own driveway or on the road, you can get help if your vehicle has stopped running due to non-accident-related events (e.g., mechanical or electrical breakdown).

Vehicle towing: We can arrange to tow your vehicle anywhere within a 15-mile radius. If there isn't a repair shop within 15 miles, we tow it to the nearest qualified repair shop. If you choose to have your vehicle towed to a shop that isnít the closest one, you need to pay for the extra mileage. Keep in mind, youíre responsible for the cost of any parts and/or repairs made to your vehicle.

Winching service: If your car is trapped in mud, snow, water, or sand (within 100 feet of a road or highway), we pull your car out with a motor-powered cable or chain.

Battery jump-start: We jump-start it at the scene to help get you on your way.

Fuel delivery: If you run out of gas, we deliver fuel directly to your vehicle. You only pay for the cost of the fuel. The delivery and service is free.

Battery charge for electric cars: If you run out of charge, we can arrange to tow your vehicle anywhere within a 15-mile radius, or to the nearest qualified charging facility if there isnít one within 15 miles. You only pay for the cost of the charge.

Locksmith service: If your keys are lost, stolen, or accidentally locked inside your vehicle, we dispatch a qualified service provider. Youíre only responsible for keys/costs to replace them.

Flat tire change: No need to panic if you have a flat. A roadside professional can put the spare tire on your vehicle at the scene for no cost as long as you can provide a spare.

On-scene labor: We provide up to one hour of labor if your car is disabled. If you need more than an hour, you can simply choose to have your vehicle towed to the nearest qualified repair shop or pay for any extra costs.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:49 AM   #17

does anyone use coach-net?
anf76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:01 AM   #18

Had them for the first two years, used them once. They were extremely responsive.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:18 AM   #19

had them but never used them. Their phone app uses GPS to find your exact spot which is nice.

I do like how GoodSam has gas discounts at flying J. Can easily pay back the membership fee on a long trip. Even better if there is one close you can use to fill up the car. I was just using their trip planner and it is very slick.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:38 PM   #20

Roadside assistance

I decided to get AAA last year when we went 2500 miles one way across the country in my 2003 Jayco. I have never had to use it on the camper (thank my lucky stars!) but I have used it on my personal vehicles, as they are covered as well. I've been towed in 3 times (to my choice of mechanic) and locked my keys in my car once, and never cost me another penny. In fact, any car I'm in, is covered! You can stop in to your nearest AAA office and get the details and pick up maps and info on your destinations. It's less then $250/year for 2 people with the premier RV coverage. I like knowing it's there

Della
2003 Jayco Greyhawk
Boo and Nub

Dogs are my copilots.
Della is offline   Reply With Quote