Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-25-2020, 01:42 PM   #21

My previous camper came with a free year of coach-net. I did have to use it once in that year and it worked out well. So I kept them on board for the Jayco.
Bstrine99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:01 PM   #22

Our insurance covers roadside assistance

We purchased our Jayco in 2015. We are USAA members but weren't thrilled with the RV coverage they offered. As AAA members, we also weren't impressed with the ROI of their RV Roadside Assistance. We instead elected to go with Foremost Insurance which includes roadside assistance, and we've been very pleased with that decision.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #23

Good Sam r s

I pulled in to a site about a month ago and noticed my outside rear was flat.
The tire had separated plies , do no repairing.
I called good Sam r s and was advised they could get the tire changed if I had a spare, I didn’t. So they brought a tire $250 (16”) plus $139 for mounting it on my rim and putting it back on. Tax and all $436.
They got me going again but it wasn’t cheap.
Any way I don’t know how hard it would have been to get someone out without gs rs , and at what price.
So it’s hard to say it it’s worth it or not!
greyhawktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:56 AM   #24

Send a message via AIM to 2KOOL4U Send a message via Skype™ to 2KOOL4U
AAA vs. Good Sam vs. Coach Net

AAA cannot change big bus tires. They come out with the wrong tire changing stuff. Good Sam Gold policy has been a life savior several times. My Cummins kept destroying injector plugs plus DP filters. They probably put out over $30,000 on my claims. If you do the paperwork right you don't get any hassles from them. Coach Net. I needed them yesterday for an electrical problem. I have a new coach so they are free for one year. They ran me around in circles until I finally hung up on the tech. I called Jayco. They hopped right on my problem. Gave me a case number and told me to call anyone to come out and fix my problem. They said pay the tech and we will reimburse you.
2KOOL4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:21 AM   #25

We are insured with Progressive. They have an excellent program that sold me. We are insured with them with the RV, cars and house. Have not used them yet but the customer service team is very knowledgeable and friendly. We had Liberty and when we had a blow out they said you are on your own. Middle of no where and stuck until a nice gent from the national parks service stopped and helped us out. Left for Progressive right after. No regrets.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #26

We purchased our 2021 Jayco Redhawk 22C SE in September of this year for a trip to see our new grandson in California. (We live in New Jersey). Because we are 70 and due to Covid 19, we did not want to fly our stay in hotels, so this seemed to be the best option. We made it out without any trouble. On the way back, we stopped in a parking lot to eat lunch about 30 miles from Nashville. When I restarted the RV a message saying to shut down the engine because of low oil pressure.
We called AAA. It took them about 30 minutes to verify our coverage and then dispatched a tow truck. The driver arrived about an hour later. He checked the oil (the volume was exactly where it should be) and asked me to try to start the vehicle again. It started up and the oil pressure came up. He suggested we drive to a campground in Nashville and then reassess in the morning. There is some problem with the oil pressure that GM will need to fix, but his advise allowed us to get home.
All in all, AAA really helped us when we needed it.
Note: I used the AAA planner and map to get out to California and back. Very helpful.
FrankBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:27 PM   #27

I have Progressive but have never used it. Any others that have? Like to know for sure if they will help as advertised
One thing I like about Progressive is I can add coverage's (roadside, collision, contents) when I travel and drop it via the phone app when it is safely parked.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 05:17 PM   #28

Agree. I have had 4 major blowouts on my TT and they were there. One issue was on Easter Sunday a few years ago and they sent a guy with 2 tires and he had us on our way.
ogione1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:06 PM   #29

Had a major blowout between Albuquerque and Santa Fe on I-25 last year. Called Allstate Roadside Assistance (we've also had Good Sam for 4 years); and no one ever came, even though they said they were on the way. Needless to say, we didn't renew with them. This summer, we had an incident in a very remote area in the mountains with our Durango that our son was using to tow his trailer. Called Good Sam, and they bent over backwards to tow our vehicle 75 miles back to town. They found the GPS coordinates and came exactly when they said they would. They would have even loaded the trailer on a flatbed and taken it back to town, too, had we wanted them to. It didn't cost us a penny. The policy is $90 a year...well worth it. If we'd had any other incidents this summer with our motorhome, think of how the costs mount without it. Yes, that's why they call it "insurance". It's peace of mind.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:03 PM   #30

We use Coach net for several years. No issues or complaints
ViperOne is offline   Reply With Quote