Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2021, 05:03 PM   #21

EternaBond
Not worth the wait to have the roof replaced or let some tech tear something else up in doing so while its such a small tear. Only reason I would consider going the insurance route would be is if I was putting in maxxair fans, solar and working on the roof for some other reasons.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:12 PM   #22
Site Team

Or take the insurance claim and upgrade to a spray on.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:33 PM   #23

The funny thing is the FlexArmor is the same price and sometimes less than having the thin original put back on.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
Sounds like the dealer wants to make some big $$$$ by trying to sell you on the roof replacement. Insurance jobs pay out big time.
There is no way in hell I'd have that roof replaced. Slap a piece of Eternabond tape on it and never worry about it again.
EXACTLY! Wouldn't trust a dealership to replace a factory installed roof.

EXACTLY! Eternabond is your faithful friend. Buy it, love it, use it. Just take care to have a clean grease-free surface, don't stretch it, roll it firmly after applying it and it will make your roof better than new.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:30 PM   #25

I boondock all the time. I go in some tough places. I've "scratched" or "torn" my membrane in several places....all looking like your damage. Frankly, such damage may pose a challenge for warranty coverage...it's usually self inflicted.

Go the warranty route if you wish.

Should you choose to effect a repair, I used Dicor self leveling sealant to patch up the damage. https://www.amazon.com/Dicor-501LSW-.../dp/B00G6KGPFM It took a couple minutes, $12 for the tube of Dicor, and the problem is solved... until next time I drag my rig down an ATV trail deep into the woods.

If the roof actually failed due to a factory defect, I'd pursue warranty repair, because the real problem is much larger than the visible damage. But I'm not eager to lose the use of my rig for an extended period to get a new membrane when there's nothing wrong with the one I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Lost Park 2020.jpg  
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:48 AM   #26

There is no free lunch. Let me see damage occurred while you owned rv. You must be new because most of us know that any insurance adjuster, even new ones would never replace entire roof for a tear this small. Most of us have a deductible that would cost ten times more than just putting a little Dicor/ then Eternabond tape on tear. No future problems. If you own rig and adjuster would pay for roof repair you hit the lottery, take the money and run. Then fix with dicor and or tape. Good luck

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:15 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper2020 View Post
There is no free lunch. Let me see damage occurred while you owned rv. You must be new because most of us know that any insurance adjuster, even new ones would never replace entire roof for a tear this small. Most of us have a deductible that would cost ten times more than just putting a little Dicor/ then Eternabond tape on tear. No future problems. If you own rig and adjuster would pay for roof repair you hit the lottery, take the money and run. Then fix with dicor and or tape. Good luck

Enjoy the journey
State Farm paid for mine no problem bill was $9500 my deductible was $500 my rv is a 2020 6 months old when I tore a small hole from tree branch
Farmboy98922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:59 AM   #28

Eternabond tape
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:17 AM   #29

Agree with posters

Our good friends had their rig 2 weeks and had major branch damage. Had to have entire roof replaced and dealership was eager to replace entire roof. Their costs was $200 deductible and entire roof was replaced. They were sick about because worried if anything else happens they’ll get cancelled by insurance company. In hindsight I wished I had known about the spray on roof I would have told them. I would repair with Eternabond tape and save my insurance claim for a rainy day. If we ever replace our roof no question - rv roof spray on will be the answer. I reached out to them and had them send a sample. Amazing stuff. Your tear is so small and probability of another roof tear is pretty high due to unforeseen branches that no GPS can or anyone else for that matter PREDICT!!!
mrlarson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:13 PM   #30

A tree limb tore a small rip in my roof 3yrs ago. Cleaned a small area around the rip with rubbing alcohol and used a Eternabond tape patch. Check it whenever I clean the roof and it is holding up great, no problem no worries. TT will be six yes old and never a warranty claim: I made sure everything worked during walk through prior to signing the papers.