Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2021, 11:22 AM   #21

Can someone post a couple pictures of the spotting on the floor. I haven't noticed anything in my 2019 30XP, but I have not been looking for it either. I have a few months left on my warranty.
Jab55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab55 View Post
Can someone post a couple pictures of the spotting on the floor. I haven't noticed anything in my 2019 30XP, but I have not been looking for it either. I have a few months left on my warranty.
X2. Is this an issue we will all encounter eventually or do some builds not experience this? Bad batch of adhesive? Different brand used in a pinch? I have one month left but no sign of discoloration which is nice because I'd swear that I have experienced everything else.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:08 PM   #23

I’m about over the floor on this MH. On two separate occasions I’ve had to have the MH in the shop for screws coming up under the linoleum floor. Now I found some of the discoloration from the adhesive and while cleaning after our trip this past week I noticed a third screw coming up under the floor. I think Jayco needs to make some personnel changes on the flooring section of the assembly line.
TwinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:10 PM   #24

Not yet, still at the dealer
Fork in the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab55 View Post
I will post pics when I get home from work. My 2018 has it showing now and jayco said they would fix it even though I am 1 year past warranty
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinDad View Post
I’m about over the floor on this MH. On two separate occasions I’ve had to have the MH in the shop for screws coming up under the linoleum floor. Now I found some of the discoloration from the adhesive and while cleaning after our trip this past week I noticed a third screw coming up under the floor. I think Jayco needs to make some personnel changes on the flooring section of the assembly line.
And in the plumbing section also!
Old 04-06-2021, 03:42 PM   #27

Here is my rust spots.
Attached Thumbnails
20210406_173730.jpg   20210406_173735.jpg   20210406_173745.jpg   20210406_173811.jpg  
Old 04-06-2021, 04:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines View Post
Here is my rust spots.
Similar to mine. I think mine are a little lighter in color however. Very random, no pattern, which I think would rule out rusty screws. Quite strange that if it is actually the adhesive, that they aren’t everywhere. My rig should be out of the shop this week. I will post pictures of the replaced flooring.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork in the road View Post
Similar to mine. I think mine are a little lighter in color however. Very random, no pattern, which I think would rule out rusty screws. Quite strange that if it is actually the adhesive, that they aren’t everywhere. My rig should be out of the shop this week. I will post pictures of the replaced flooring.
I agree it is strange that they are saying faulty adhesive. I am a commercial flooring contractor and I have never seen a faulty adhesive bleed through only in random spots. From what I have seen it bleeds through in large areas. But may be different in an rv instead of on concrete. I could replace mine myself but I really dont want to as I have way too much going on with work and around my house right now, lol. I am going to see if my local rv repair shop will do it and if jayco will be ok with it, and then I will supply the material and give them a commercial grade product instead of the thin residential vinyl I am sure jayco is using.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:57 PM   #30

Good luck, I hope everything turns out ok.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:37 AM   #31

Hi Everyone! My husband and I have a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige with the same exact issue. It’s outside of the 2 year warranty time frame. I started seeing these spots come up for about a year now. But now they seem to be getting worse. Our RV went into the shop yesterday for it’s yearly inspection. I asked them to look at the stains. They said it looked like glue stains that were seeping through the linoleum flooring. It wasn’t water damage, rust, or mold. Like all of you, we keep our camper clean so we knew it’s anything that we’d done. We’ve both tried to get the stains up and the repair shop tech tried as well. But they’re not going anywhere.

They’re currently in the process of preparing a quote to be sent to Jayco for replacement flooring. We’re going to try our best to get them to cover it. 🙏🏻🤷*♀️ Every post that i’ve read about this says that Jayco is most definitely aware of the stain issue. So we are hopeful they will help us out. I’d to put a better, darker, floor back in it’s place. I’ll even pay the difference for a better quality floor. LOL Do y’all know what they are replacing it with? Any recommendations? I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I’ll try to stay in touch and keep y’all updated.

Thanks,
Gina & Dean
ralledalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:51 AM   #32

Ours was replaced with the original style flooring. We were still under warranty at the time of replacement, but since the problem is so widespread, I do believe that if you persist, Jayco will pay for the floor to be replaced. The technician at our dealership said that this is an industry wide problem and not just a Jayco issue. He said that the manufacturers are using a yellow adhesive that eventually bleeds through the flooring. Our dealership uses a white adhesive that dries clear. Time will tell, but I have to believe that a clear adhesive should not bleed through. Good luck with your flooring issue.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:02 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork in the road View Post
Ours was replaced with the original style flooring. We were still under warranty at the time of replacement, but since the problem is so widespread, I do believe that if you persist, Jayco will pay for the floor to be replaced. The technician at our dealership said that this is an industry wide problem and not just a Jayco issue. He said that the manufacturers are using a yellow adhesive that eventually bleeds through the flooring. Our dealership uses a white adhesive that dries clear. Time will tell, but I have to believe that a clear adhesive should not bleed through. Good luck with your flooring issue.
Tyvm for all of your help and info. I am so glad that you were able to get yours replaced before the factory warranty had expired. All we can do is try and be persistent.
ralledalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:24 AM   #34

Floor

My new floor in my 24B looks good after 4 or 5 months. They replaced the floor with the same vinyl, hopefully used a better glue. Didn't have the option to change floor design. Took 77 days in shop for repair.
jim7489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:31 AM   #35

77 days? Why not bring the coach back home until the flooring showed up and the shop could actually do the work?

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:10 AM   #36

Here because we are getting ready to refloor our MH. Found this thread and wish I would have found it earlier. I have two "rust" spots in my bathroom that are circular in shape and I wrote it off to a can or something. Rig is one year out of warranty but I noticed it before it ran out. Looks like I am stuck. Silver lining I guess is we are about to replace the floor with vinyl plank due to a renter damaging the floor. Got the security deposit but will only pay for 30% of the work. Do you guys think it is worth getting with Jayco to describe the rust spots and see if they will contribute to the floor replacement in good faith? We are using RV Floor Replacement Capitol Vans Customs Inc in Lexington SC to do the work.
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:17 AM   #37

No rust stains but our floor is showing the yellowing others have mentioned. Scheduled to return to mfg. for replacement. Don’t trust dealers in our state to do work. Luck it is still under warranty. You only see it if you are in bright light. Wife thought floor was dirty but she could not get rid of yellow. If you think you have issue take bright shop light and shine on floor.

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:51 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_in_WA View Post
Here because we are getting ready to refloor our MH. Found this thread and wish I would have found it earlier. I have two "rust" spots in my bathroom that are circular in shape and I wrote it off to a can or something. Rig is one year out of warranty but I noticed it before it ran out. Looks like I am stuck. Silver lining I guess is we are about to replace the floor with vinyl plank due to a renter damaging the floor. Got the security deposit but will only pay for 30% of the work. Do you guys think it is worth getting with Jayco to describe the rust spots and see if they will contribute to the floor replacement in good faith? We are using RV Floor Replacement Capitol Vans Customs Inc in Lexington SC to do the work.
It wouldn’t hurt to try. They would probably balk at paying since you had damage done by a renter.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:02 PM   #39

Another 2018 29MV here with orange/rust colored spots. Noticed the first couple about 9 months ago, thought we had done something to stain the vinyl. But after trying everything to clean it, realized that the stain was through the material. Now, there are more spots in the same general vicinity. Sent an email to Jayco, so will see what they have to say. Not too hopeful.

watchout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:49 PM   #40

I doubt its the glue. Had linoleum replaced under warranty. Jayco dealer said its the glue. Within a year spots showed up again and in the same area on the floor.
Elgee is offline   Reply With Quote