Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2020, 04:47 PM   #1

Rust spots

2019 29mv
Bought brand new it had a couple of rust spots on the linoleum. More seem to be showing up and getting redder looking. Any ideas?
Teded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:33 PM   #2

Sounds like a mold issue.

https://ultra-fresh.com/pink-stainin...nyl-a-problem/

What About Pink Stains on Linoleum Floor?
You may have found our blog because you were concerned about the pink stains on your linoleum or vinyl floor. Why is your vinyl floor turning pink?

These same bacteria are most likely the cause of the problem, especially if moisture is being trapped under your floors.

Bacteria could be growing on your subfloor with the dye migrating upwards over time, causing the mysterious pink stains on your linoleum floor to magically appear

Orange to rust colored spots may appear and are attributed to mold and mildew that can also produce stain causing pigments
Old 07-30-2020, 06:26 PM   #3

Interesting
Still looks like rust to me
Teded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teded View Post
Interesting
Still looks like rust to me
That's what the last sentence says that it can also look like,,,

Orange to rust colored spots may appear and are attributed to mold and mildew
Old 08-14-2020, 06:58 PM   #5

They are not rust spots, its something bleeding up thru the floor. Eventually it will be all over. Great for resale value.
I have it on my 2020 Odyssey 24B I am working on a fix.
Jim
jim7489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:29 PM   #6

I have a 2020 Greyhawk Prestige 30XP with those rust spots and tried to clean them for at least 5-6 hours and they did not come off. I ran into another new Jayco Greyhawk owner with them also, all over, real bad, and she told me its the glue coming through the floor. I called Jayco and they told me they were aware of the situation and the dealer will need to change the entire floor. I plan on addressing it with the dealer when i go in with my punch list and its awfully long. Expect the dealers to say " we dont know what you are talking about " and tell them they need to call Jayco because they are aware. Good luck with getting resolved.
jellyjamblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 05:34 AM   #7

Yes Jayco is aware of the problem. They called me and offered me a small amount of money to make it go away saying it was better to take it then having your RV tied up 3 to 4 months to replace the floor.
Jim
2020 Entegra Odyssey 24B
Old 10-09-2020, 12:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim7489 View Post
They are not rust spots, its something bleeding up thru the floor. Eventually it will be all over. Great for resale value.
I have it on my 2020 Odyssey 24B I am working on a fix.
Jim
I have a 2019 24B with this same problem. Were you able to determine the cause?
Fork in the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That's what the last sentence says that it can also look like,,,

Orange to rust colored spots may appear and are attributed to mold and mildew
I might agree with the mold and mildew theory if in fact these spots were appearing in a 10 year old rig, but we are talking about brand new RVs here. Totally unacceptable!
Old 10-09-2020, 01:57 PM   #10

Floor turning rust colored

I have talked to many people and Jayco. It is the glue coming up from under the floor. It continually gets worse.
I passed on a Odyssey 24B in Georgia because the dealer could not get the spots up. I then bought a 24B at La Mesa in Florida. I should have don't some more homework on the problem and then I would have realized it was only a matter of time before the spots would appear. It was February and by April they were coming out along with a few screws.
I called, got a jayco rep who was well aware of the problem. He offered me 500.00 to 'buy a rug', or else they would have to replace the floor and tie up the motorhome for 'months'.
We now finally have an apponitment with LaMesa at the end of the month to discuss the problem.
You know everything works as it should on the unit now and we are wary at the least of having them remove everything inside to replace the floor. I can just imagine the possible problems after.
I will post again at the end of the month after our visit.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:01 PM   #11

Quote:
I have talked to many people and Jayco. It is the glue coming up from under the floor. It continually gets worse.
I passed on a Odyssey 24B in Georgia because the dealer could not get the spots up. I then bought a 24B at La Mesa in Florida. I should have don't some more homework on the problem and then I would have realized it was only a matter of time before the spots would appear. It was February and by April they were coming out along with a few screws.
I called, got a jayco rep who was well aware of the problem. He offered me 500.00 to 'buy a rug', or else they would have to replace the floor and tie up the motorhome for 'months'.
We now finally have an apponitment with LaMesa at the end of the month to discuss the problem.
You know everything works as it should on the unit now and we are wary at the least of having them remove everything inside to replace the floor. I can just imagine the possible problems after.
I will post again at the end of the month after our visit.
I still have time left on my warranty, I guess I should at least get it in and entered into the system just in case. This must be happening across all models. I would imagine that they use the same adhesive on the entire line.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:01 PM   #12

I just noticed I also have these rust colored spots coming up on my floor. The only issues I’ve had with my coach has been the floor. In the last year it’s had to go in on two separate occasions for screws coming up under the linoleum. It seems Jayco needs to do more QA in the floor department.

Has anyone actually had the floor replaced due to the glue issue? How did it work out?
TwinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:04 PM   #13

Mine is at the dealer right now getting the flooring replaced. Jayco approved it and the linoleum is in transit as we speak. Jayco needs to do a lot more quality control in all departments!
Old 03-26-2021, 02:44 PM   #14

I had this on the 2019 I unloaded last spring. I always wondered what it was; hopefully Jayco resolved that issue for later produced units. I better not see it on the one I have on order !

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:59 PM   #15

They claim that it was the adhesive that they used at the time that bled through. Mine is a 2019 also, and it has a lighter color floor. Maybe it shows through on light colors? The same spots may be present on darker colors, just not noticeable. Hopefully the adhesive that the dealer is using will not do the same.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #16

Floor issues

Mine is a 2020 Odyssey 24B.
we noticed other units with the yellowing floor and passed on them but the one we purchased started to discolor about 3 months after purchase. Also screws coming up.
We waited till we came back to Florida in October and brought it to LaMesa for warranty repair, knowing it would be a while. It did... 77 days till we got it back.
had it back again for some minor issues. They don't realize it cost 60.00 in fuel to do that.
In the beginning when I called Jayco about the floor last summer, they called me back and offered us 'rug money' , 500.00 to make it go away. They emphasized if we elected to replace the floor it would takes months and months.
We didn't care about the time because we didn't use the unit while we were in Florida. I think the summer heat helps brings the glue up through the floor.

We ordered a 29V and I hope they have their act together by this summer.
JIm
Old 03-26-2021, 03:46 PM   #17

Were you satisfied with the floor replacement? Did they just lay it over the existing linoleum, or did they rip out the old flooring to get down to bare wood? I assume that they had to place trim pieces against all walls, since there was no trim to begin with.
Old 03-26-2021, 04:44 PM   #18

Floor

They did a good job with the floor install. You can't tell its been done. They left the kitchen base cabinet alone but did take out the toilet. They calked well around the edges. They did remove all the old floor and fixed the screws that were coming up.
It has only been a few months since it was done so I hope it holds up.
If not, they can do it again.
Old 03-26-2021, 04:48 PM   #19

Thank goodness for the 2 year warranty. Mine is up in June. Hopefully I have gotten everything repaired that needs to be repaired. They have done a number of things in the 22 months that I have had it.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:41 PM   #20

Quote:
They did a good job with the floor install. You can't tell its been done. They left the kitchen base cabinet alone but did take out the toilet. They calked well around the edges. They did remove all the old floor and fixed the screws that were coming up.
It has only been a few months since it was done so I hope it holds up.
If not, they can do it again.
Do you have pictures of the new floor and how it looks along the cabinets?
TwinDad is offline   Reply With Quote