Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2022, 05:32 PM   #61

Looks pretty good. Seems like if they were being careful they could avoid scratching things but it's not like they're working on their own rig. I think the caulking looks ok but why couldn't they use a brown color to at least match the cabinets? White only matches the toilet. Are the thresholds red??? I've got 3 spots where screws are popping up also. My spots are in an are approximately 2'x3' right in front of the door and can be mostly covered with a rug. If not for the screws, I know what I would do but for now I'm uncertain. Thanks a lot for your input, greatly appreciated.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:28 PM   #62

Yes, the white caulk is a bit of clash. But it can only get dirty and more blend in as grey!

The thresholds are a red-wood color, certainly another clash. Probably something they had on hand to use up. I have some left over silver aluminum threshold from a previous house project and early on figured whatever they use, Ill just redo with this aluminum.

The "fixing" of the unsightly screws and other protrusions in the original floor install is atleast or an equal repair as compared to the stains. The floor is absolute flat now. Note the install of the overlayment is what fixes this.

Those of us with this problem are starting at the 5 yard line with this stained floor crap. Its highly unlikely the repair is going to score a perfect floor repair no defects touchdown. I feel I crossed the 50 yard line, at least, progress; and thats good enough.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 09:01 PM   #63
Site Team

An old trick my grandmother used on furniture scratches, which I will neither confirm nor deny were my fault, was gently rubbing a Brazil nut on them. They're a pretty oily nut and can reduce the noticeability of scratches. Take a bite from one end of the nut or cut it off if you have an allergy to them and try the most inconspicuous scratch. Might work for you,

Old English makes some good products, and there's always those furniture "crayons" at the big box stores. Those come in a lot of different shades.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 12:47 PM   #64

Floor Rust Stains

I purchased a 2021 Jayco Redhawk 22C in September 2020. Several months later I noticed rust colored stains on the flooring near the front of the coach; initially, I didn't know what it was since this is my first RV. I thought one of the mechanics at the dealership had dropped something on the floor, but when I tried to remove the stains, they wouldn't come out. Then this year I noticed that the stains had spread throughout the whole RV. I put two and two together and figured that it was the glue bleeding through the vinyl. I contacted the Dealer who told me to contact Jayco, who in turn told me "it's no longer under warranty, but take it to the Dealer and have them send in some photos". Long story short, Jayco approved the repair. Thank-you Jayco for doing the right thing.
JaycoRedhawk22C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 04:10 PM   #65

I bought a 2020 Jayco greyhawk prestige motorhome that has the same "orange spots". I asked the Camping world rep how to get these "orange spots out" he said try goo gone or de natured alcohol. I will try this and see if it works. I will let you know and post pics if works. We are using area rugs for now to cover up the area.
tasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust