Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2022, 04:56 PM   #1

Rv Comfort.hp thermostat

I have an issue with this RV Comfort.HP thermostat in this 2013 Jayco Greyhawk.
We will set the thermostat for the desired temp but later on
the room will feel hot and the thermostat reads 72, even though we lowered it to 67. I haven't been able to find anything online or in the manuals I have that tells you how to set the temp. When we lower the temp the screen will show set in the upper left corner, just that mean it is set or is there another step to take to actually set it?
lefty1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 05:49 PM   #2
RPR

Appears it is time to replace it.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 08:14 PM   #3
Site Team

Has it worked properly all along, then just started to act up? 72* is the default temp setting when the t-stat power goes low or out. Is your house battery known good? Do your 12 volt ceiling lights flicker when the furnace kicks on?

Your 2 amp fuse in the t-stat is probably still intact, but it, or the wiring to it may be at fault.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 01:28 PM   #4

Hidden 5 AMP Fuse

Jayco 2015 Greyhawk 29MV thermostat story.

My furnace quit working, checked the mother board and found black igniter wire broken; OK easy fix, got my crimpers and connected broken wire OOPS, forgot to turn of 12 volt power to board and got a small spark. Went inside and found blank display at thermostat. No problem probably blew fuse, went to fuse panel and checked fuse labeled furnace, what the heck it was good. OH well maybe it was mislabled so checked all the circuit board fuses and all good, HMM what now? Removed cover from thermostat and found a glass cartridge 2 AMP fuse but it was good. Well where the heck is the wiring that feeds 12 volts to the thermostat? took mounting screws out to look at the back of the unit and found a black fuse box with a 5 AMP blade fuse that was burned out, replaced the fuse and now everything works again. I post this to provide information about a hidden 5 AMP fuse that I could not find on a wiring diagram. I hope this helps someone else save some time tracking down a thermostat not showing a display.
john97301 is offline   Reply With Quote