Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #21
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHen View Post
If you make them yourself, Please note that propane disconnects are different than air compressor disconnects. Also need different thread tape just for propane
Different thread tape ? please explain !
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #22
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardfanforever View Post
My jayco came with a grill to connect to the TT propane at rear of trailer. It does have its own regulator, and this I don’t know, but I assume this could ensure s safe gas pressure in case the TT regolator provided a higher pressure.
Are you sure it's a regulator? The propane system on an RV is already regulated down to around 7 in/water. Adding another regulator to this low pressure will prevent the appliance from working altogether.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:10 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Different thread tape ? please explain !
If you use teflon tape instead of gasket dope, get the yellow color. It's for propane gas connections.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 06:41 PM   #24

Harvey 017065 Gas Line PTFE Thread Seal Tape https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FKBXCE..._7Mw.DbFV6T3VV

If that link did not work, do a search for “Gas line thread seal tape”.

I think they are all show PTFE in the description.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goflight2 View Post
I was going to modify my Weber, then decided to put an adapter on my propane tank (think it’s an ExtendAStay) so that I can still use the grill anywhere.
I was going to say the same thing. I converted our Q1200 to use on the low pressure quick connect that cam on our Seneca. Now just added a Sturgis - Stays unit as they have Quick disconnects on their extenda-stay kits, so now I use a portable propane bottle to supply the coach and now also have a High pressure outlet for other items but I wouldn’t have had to convert the grill.

Also an FYI, if you want a Surgis-Stay order direct off their website and they are marked up a LOT on Amazon. Paid $59 + $ 12 shipping direct and the same on Amazon is $108 free shipping.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 01:40 AM   #26

First of all, yes. You can only have one regulator in the line to any appliance, and that quick connect on the side of your RV already has been thru a regulator. So you need to take the regulator off your grill. Unless you do like someone already mentioned, you can get the necessary fittings on Amazon, or you could go to your local propane store and they will fix you up with what you need. But just a thought... are you sure you want to have a hose running across the ground from your RV to your grill, right in the area where you sit around outside? I never liked my grill smoking up under my awning or even close to the RV, so I put it on a table, away from the RV and fuel that with its own propane canister, which by the way is a lot easier to get refilled than the one in your RV.
Attached Thumbnails
41Ye1zcjPuL.jpg  
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote