Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-10-2019, 06:40 PM   #1

Rv propane connection to gas grill

We have a class c and are considering using the quick connect propane hose to our q grill. Do we need to remove the regulator from the grill first??
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #2

Yes. the propane connection you will tie into is already regulated. be sure you use "low pressure disconnects" as they are not the same as "high pressure"quick disconnects .
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:33 PM   #3

I modified a Q2200 a couple of years ago. It cost under 20.00 for fittings and quick connect. Bought everything from Amazon. When I get to my computer I will get the link to the thread on the Thor forum if you want. Here’s the link.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28...html#post48703

Shopping list is post 9
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:51 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Depending which model grill you have, this one is popular and the one I use.

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Propa...6036149&sr=8-6
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:30 PM   #5

I bought this on eBay originally and cheaper, but it’s not on there anymore. It has everything you need, and get the longest hose you can. I asked Santa for an extension.

https://propanegear.com/weber-q-rv-q...2-m-f-qc-hose/

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:39 AM   #6

If you make them yourself, Please note that propane disconnects are different than air compressor disconnects. Also need different thread tape just for propane
Old 12-11-2019, 05:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan S. View Post
I bought this on eBay originally and cheaper, but it’s not on there anymore. It has everything you need, and get the longest hose you can. I asked Santa for an extension.

https://propanegear.com/weber-q-rv-q...2-m-f-qc-hose/
The one thing you do not see on either this kit or the hose below are the fittings required so that the Weber Q regulator can be removed and then the quick connect connected.

There is more to the grill mod than just buying a hose.

BTW, I kept the Weber Q when I traded in the Challenger on the Accolade and it connects right up to the Accolade's LP quick connect.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
Old 12-11-2019, 06:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Depending which model grill you have, this one is popular and the one I use.

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Propa...6036149&sr=8-6
Getting ready to order this one

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Press...180BKKXM3&th=1

A little more $$ but is has a safety shutoff and it can be ordered in 12 or 18 ft.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:25 AM   #9

thanks to all for reply
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The one thing you do not see on either this kit or the hose below are the fittings required so that the Weber Q regulator can be removed and then the quick connect connected.

There is more to the grill mod than just buying a hose.

BTW, I kept the Weber Q when I traded in the Challenger on the Accolade and it connects right up to the Accolade's LP quick connect.
This kit has all the parts to replace the regulator on the BBQ. It had everything I needed to do the conversion. This website isn’t very descriptive. Works great and was an easy conversion

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Old 12-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan S. View Post
This kit has all the parts to replace the regulator on the BBQ. It had everything I needed to do the conversion. This website isn’t very descriptive. Works great and was an easy conversion
Too expensive. Two fittings from Amazon cost approx 22.00 and 12 foot of hose is 21.00. The kit you link to is over 60.00. I imagine the process is the same so the only difference is the cost.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Press...DP2CMH5570WP67
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
Old 12-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #12

I thought it was a little pricey. I only paid around $45 with shipping included from eBay about a year ago. But that seller isn’t on there anymore. The thing I like about it is it’s a right angle connection and bolts to the BBQ in the same fashion as the replaced pressure regulator. It provides a good stain relief and solid attachment for the hose.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Old 12-13-2019, 03:23 PM   #13

The quick disconnect fittings that replace the grill regulator can be purchased as one piece at $10.99 from Amazon with Prime shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=propane+q...ref=nb_sb_noss

For further versatility, you can buy a quick disconnect that goes on the removed regulator. That way you can use the grill for tail gating, etc w/o having to remove the quick disconnect and reinstall the regulator. See Welcome | MB Sturgis
Kar Kaddy SS
Old 12-13-2019, 03:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
...For further versatility, you can buy a quick disconnect that goes on the removed regulator. That way you can use the grill for tail gating, etc w/o having to remove the quick disconnect and reinstall the regulator. See Welcome | MB Sturgis
Here is the actual part...$18 plus $14 for shipping. Can't find a like item anywhere else:

Model 250 Quick Connect X 1/8" MNPT | MB Sturgis
Kar Kaddy SS
Old 12-13-2019, 06:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
The quick disconnect fittings that replace the grill regulator can be purchased as one piece at $10.99 from Amazon with Prime shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=propane+q...ref=nb_sb_noss

For further versatility, you can buy a quick disconnect that goes on the removed regulator. That way you can use the grill for tail gating, etc w/o having to remove the quick disconnect and reinstall the regulator. See Welcome | MB Sturgis

I like this idea. I keep the regulator with the trailer so I can convert it back if needed. This makes it simpler. I was camping with my brother and we needed to use both grills to cook for everybody. We were a couple spots apart and were going back and forth. I carry an extra 5lb tank for the propane fire pit or could just use the 1lb bottles.

Thanks

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Old 12-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #16

Be aware that theses quick connects are not all the same. The connect to your rv will be similar but the one to your grill could be different. I went on my grills website and found which type was needed and then ordered it from amazon.
Golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 05:10 PM   #17

RV propane connection to gas grill

I love the Wilmington grill, so I bought the small one. Remove the regulator and added quick connect. I also saved the regulator and add female connector to it and can use it away from my TT.
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:33 AM   #18

My jayco came with a grill to connect to the TT propane at rear of trailer. It does have its own regulator, and this I don’t know, but I assume this could ensure s safe gas pressure in case the TT regolator provided a higher pressure.
Cardfanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #19

I have a FlameKing RV propane grill. I got it (and a propane hose) because it attaches directly to my RV's low pressure female propane appliance connection (with shutoff valve) which came factory installed on my rig next to the propane tank. The propane hose connects directly to the male connector on the grill and has a built-in shutoff valve too so I have a shutoff at the RV and at the grill.
DonLegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #20

I was going to modify my Weber, then decided to put an adapter on my propane tank (think it’s an ExtendAStay) so that I can still use the grill anywhere.
Goflight2 is offline   Reply With Quote