Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2021, 10:05 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel3359 View Post
I just re-registered my 2016 Jayco Greyhawk Class C RV with the State of Texas for another year at a cost of $135.00. This is on top of the vehicle inspection fees. It made me wonder what the annual registration fees are in other parts of the country for Class C RV's.
$165 for my 2020 RedHawk
arobinson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:54 PM   #42

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
We have floods, dust storms, high heat, snakes that kill you, spiders that kill you, scorpions that make you sick, big cats that will eat you for lunch, and still people keep moving here and messing up an otherwise good thing. They move here and try to change it to what they messed up where ever they came from. They cause our taxes to go up, they cause our house prices to go up (that would be a good thing but then you have to buy a new one at inflated prices). They clog our freeways with bad driving and poking in the left lane. They flip you off when you honk at them for talking on the phone and driving.

I could go on and on but it is beginning to hurt LOL Can you say Californicate?

CAG...
Oh come on it can't be all that bad LOL. This is exactly what we are saying in Colorado. In fact my sister-in law who lives in phoenix is saying just what you're saying. But you may not have the DAMN smoke from Cali and then all the Ozone alerts we've had for over 60 days this summer. It's not the same CO as when we move here in 95.
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:00 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobinson6 View Post
$165 for my 2020 RedHawk

Come to Colorado and we'll treat your right Bull-Funky. I paid 5k in 2017 for my 2017 Jayco Seneca. This year it was a cool 1,100. Granted the Seneca is way different in MSRP but if you had registered your RedHawk it would have coast 1-2k.
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:24 AM   #44

Keep in mind Trailers are just a box... and most states are reasonable, sub 100 level. think my 5th wheel was $78

Then we have RV with a motor and they aren't much different then a car - truck and states treat them as income centers.
In WA the tab fee is $35 but then they hit you with a 1.1 % tax on the value ... by the way they have a chart that goes off of MSRP that takes 13 year to depreciate and at year 3 it is still worth 80% of MSRP... so 600-1200 for a class C then a few other BS taxes.. added on top.
But if it is a big motor home over 10k GVW that tax disappears ... So yeah question like this are really hard to narrow down
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:15 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post

The state of NY is starting to echo, since so many people are leaving.
Not according to the most recent census reports, according to the 2020 census, NYC saw a population growth of 7.7%.

Pretty impressive since so many people are packing up and leaving…
ericloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:19 PM   #46

No, Texas does not have property taxes on RV's.
Spaceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:54 PM   #47
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePowerTX View Post
You left out the electric grid going down, resulting either freezing or heat stroke depending on season, and a totally incompetent and possibly terminally stupid State government.

That problem we do not have. California yes, us no. APS and SRP do a good job of keeping the juice flowing. If you have one of the smaller companies I can't speak for them but there are not many of those.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:08 PM   #48
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
CAG...
Oh come on it can't be all that bad LOL. This is exactly what we are saying in Colorado. In fact my sister-in law who lives in phoenix is saying just what you're saying. But you may not have the DAMN smoke from Cali and then all the Ozone alerts we've had for over 60 days this summer. It's not the same CO as when we move here in 95.

Ozone alerts are a daily thing here but it is the sun not smoke. We have not had smoke from CA. Our intense sun triggers ozone alerts. Inversion issues in the winter causes smog for lack of a better term. Junk trapped under the upper warm layer.

We would prefer if the Californians and Coloradians would remain home but that does not seem to happen. They can't drive worth a crap and their politics stinks Callifornians seem to think that the left lane is just for them even when the sign says "keep right except to pass".

Old 09-11-2021, 06:47 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Ozone alerts are a daily thing here but it is the sun not smoke. We have not had smoke from CA. Our intense sun triggers ozone alerts. Inversion issues in the winter causes smog for lack of a better term. Junk trapped under the upper warm layer.

We would prefer if the Californians and Coloradians would remain home but that does not seem to happen. They can't drive worth a crap and their politics stinks Callifornians seem to think that the left lane is just for them even when the sign says "keep right except to pass".
Californian stay home???? i belive they all moved to Colorado and AZ...
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:55 PM   #50

Thread getting politically toxic.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 07:00 PM   #51
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxrobertson View Post
Thread getting politically toxic.

Toxic? Depends upon your point of view I guess. It has more to do with driving habits than it does politics.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:02 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePowerTX View Post
You left out the electric grid going down, resulting either freezing or heat stroke depending on season, and a totally incompetent and possibly terminally stupid State government.
Not all of Texas. We never lost power at all.
Spaceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:15 PM   #53

Me Either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceguy85 View Post
Not all of Texas. We never lost power at all.
I lost power for about 45 minutes because of ONE pole breaking in 60 mph wind with 73 mph gusts. Temp was 11 degrees, we got 5 inches of snow and my electric coop was ready for it. Had to hand shovel snow off my 125ft driveway that drops 45 feet from the top. (That was fun...NOT!)
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:22 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel3359 View Post
I just re-registered my 2016 Jayco Greyhawk Class C RV with the State of Texas for another year at a cost of $135.00. This is on top of the vehicle inspection fees. It made me wonder what the annual registration fees are in other parts of the country for Class C RV's.
In Tennessee a class C is $29.00 year. The same as my F350, my Camper is $19.00 a year. The first time you register a new vehicle that has just been purchased it is much higher. It is based on the sale price of the vehicle. But, if you are already the owner and you moved to Tennessee it is just the yearly fee. Happy Camping and God Bless.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote