Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #11

Guess it's all personal choice.

Tom Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #12

Drove our new 29D 620 miles on I-95-N. 55-60 was all over the lane. 65-70 smoothed out like a boat on water but eat the gas. Going to get something to help with the lower speeds.

Tom Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #13

has anyone tried Blue Ox's Trucenter Steering Control?
bass n bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrcos@gmail.com View Post
That is the question indeed: Which of these should a person install - seems like everyone recommends a different one?

http://www.safe-t-plus.com/

http://www.steersafe.com/
Well, I pulled the trigger and made an appointment to have the Safe-T-Plus installed on my rig. The price they quoted me was $661 ($30 more than Camping World, but I don't trust CW's work).

Planning a trip over the 4th of July weekend - so I'll report back to the forum when we return.

Joe
2006 Granite Ridge 2900GS
2015 Montana High Country 345RL
cdrcos@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass n bob View Post
has anyone tried Blue Ox's Trucenter Steering Control?
My Jayco dealer recommended Blue Ox's Tiger Trax. But I have decided to go with the Safe-T-Plus after reader responses on this forum.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrcos@gmail.com View Post
Well, I pulled the trigger and made an appointment to have the Safe-T-Plus installed on my rig. The price they quoted me was $661 ($30 more than Camping World, but I don't trust CW's work).

Planning a trip over the 4th of July weekend - so I'll report back to the forum when we return.

Joe
Well, change in plans! I went to have the Safe-T-Plus installed and the part had not yet arrived. However, while I was there, one of the mechanics noted that the motorhome was out of alignment - so I told them to go ahead and do a realignment since I was there.

I was pleased to see an improvement in the steering issue - although it is certainly not perfect now. But I am now waiting to see if I still want to get the Safe-T-Steer.

(The alignment was about $500 less than the Safe-T-Steer.) Stay tuned, the story continues...
Old 07-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #17

The Steersafe was the first upgrade that I added to my 31FS. I was expereincing the same problem keeping it in a straight line. The Steersafe cured that problem for me. Before, I found driving the rig even on the freeway was fatiguing, after installing the Steersafe much much easier. I was on the fench for a while but what tipped me over the edge was a camping world promotion on free installation, which I took advantage of. I'd recommend the Steersafe.

While that fixed the wandering, I was still dissapointed with the handling of the rig especially on twisty roads while cornering so I just upgraded to Bilstein shocks all around and added the Hellwig front and rear swap bars. The difference after this upgrade was remarkable. There is much less body roll while cornering and more steering control. This has given me much more confidence in driving the rig. If you can afford it - I bought on-line and had my dealer install total around $900 - I would highly recommend it.

We just came back from a 800 mle trip around Oregon and there was also much less cabin noise and rattle using the Bilsteins over stock, the Bilsteins seemed to eat up ruts in the road that would normally be transmitted straight to the rig with stock shocks.