Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2021, 05:42 PM   #21

I had to do all the work for them. I called all the Jayco dealers in my area. Then I called any motorhome dealer in the area asking them if they knew which Ford dealer would repair a motorhome. I then went down the road of calling all the Ford dealers and asking them when they told me no. About 4 hours later I spoke to someone at International dealer who gave me the name of a shop in Delaware. Meanwhile, I still hadn't received a call back from Ford Roadside Assistance. I called them back after 6 hours to tell them what I found and then they still wanted to send it to a dealer who wouldn't accept motorhomes. One of the women started to get an attitude with me and I lost it.
WhiteHawk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:24 PM   #22

Time to sell and get something different. It will take some doing since it’s the most common design but it will be worth the piece of mind.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead View Post
As to Vicr - did you read the entire post carefully - we also went onto the Ford forum. Not an isolated issue. And trust when we say we will be inquiring directly to Jayco Motorized division and Ford's customer service on Monday morning. Document, document, document. But, again, there appears to be enough issues out there and, besides, why would any mechanic for any Ford dealership risk his own job if it were not true? Dealerships are independently owned and operated and for one of their mechanics to know of a clear problem/defect and not disclose to customers is a huge liability issue for the dealership much less for Ford.

As to Grumpy - all we can say is "Ford Pinto". Boom. Till the government came down around Ford. "Toyota Anything" Floor Mats. Till the deaths were clearly obvious and the government stepped in. The government can't even take are of current events much less step all over the big 3 for combining power steering and braking into one pump. You trust the government to protect you and your family ???
So if it concerns you that much, sell it and get something else. As someone said it's been used for many years. Accept or don't.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote