Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2016, 11:20 AM   #1

Sani-Con waste system for Seneca

I need to install a Sani-Con permanent mount waste system in my 14 Seneca. Not sure where to get the 12 volt power from. Wondering if you guys had any good suggestions.
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-in-Houston View Post
I need to install a Sani-Con permanent mount waste system in my 14 Seneca. Not sure where to get the 12 volt power from. Wondering if you guys had any good suggestions.
I also have a TS and the fuse panel/converter is right above our utilities compartment. Out of the back of the fuse panel there are extra wires for the empty circuits. You can run a wire down thru the floor into the top of the utilities compartment to your new Sani-Con and then install the appropriate fuse in the panel. That is exactly how I did my water pump power when I upgraded my water pump, the stock wiring was not large enough. So my new circuit feeds the pump relay controlled by the stock wiring and switches.

To wire it to the panel you have to pull the panel out. Please be safe and make sure generator will not auto start, shore power unplugged, and disconnect the house batteries. The extra circuit wires (on mine) were short, black wires with bare ends exposed. All ready to attach a new wire! I used a multimeter to select the right empty fuse spot and match it to the right wire. To get the new wire down below I carefully pushed it down through the floor where all the other wires pass through. Then find it in the overhead of the utilities compartment. To get working room you probably need to remove the two under-wardrobe drawers.

Good luck!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:30 PM   #3

Thanks Rob. Would it be better to run new wires to the circuit are just connect to the existing short wire. Can you tell me what size the existing wire is.
Also, does the 12v disconnect switch disconnect the house batteries.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #4

Shutting off the house master did not kill all 12- volts coming to my converter. So I just undid the negatives to be safe. It is only 12-volts, but you could still get a nasty arc and fry things if something gets shorted to ground.

I believe the extra (unused) circuit wires coming out of the panel were at least 14 gauge, and maybe 12.

Does that help?
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #5

thanks Rob

The Sani-con works great. How did I ever get a long with out it.
Attached Thumbnails
sani-con.jpg