Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2021, 07:18 AM   #1

Satellite Cable Issue in Integra Quest

Good morning. I'm new to this forum as I recently just purchased a 2021 Entegra Quest 24R unfortunately from the worst RV dealership on the planet. I have a Satellite Antenna cable problem that the dealer can't ( or won't fix). I don't mind doing it myself and that's where I need your help. The dealer installed a Wineguard G3 Carryout on the roof of my RV and been having intermittent issues with it ever since. The problem has now been proven that it's in the cable. The dish is very erratic and only rotates some of the time therefore only getting partial satellites or none at all. After several calls and voltage checks with Wineguard I was told that this dish is very sensitive to voltage levels and in most cases requires a Quad shielded RG6 cable. This was proven by disconnecting the coach cable and trying an external one directly to the dish controller directly and it worked perfectly.. Switched the cable back, reset everything and it did not work. Repeated with same results. I re-terminated the RV cable connectors at both ends and still have the problem. Therefore I would like to replace the coach cable. Does anyone know how to do this? Is it possible to just attach the new cable to one end and just pull it through or do I have to remove something? Thanks in advance for your help. Frank
AZFrankP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:31 AM   #2

I think pulling it through may be a chore. Usually the wiring bundle in the ceiling is tied together and laid in the foam blocks before the roof is sandwiched together.

I would contact JAYCO and ask for the wiring schematic, explaining that the dealer is not willing to correct the issue.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:31 AM   #3

Thanks, that's a good idea, however, the cable may not be part of the Jayco harness system. It is an RG59 cable. I wouldn't think that any manufacturer would use an obsolete cable designed for older technology. I guess what I'm asking if there is a way to get a cable from the roof to a sidewall less than 10' away by removing a panel or two. That way, I can be sure I'm using the highest grade of cable.

That also triggers another question? If the cable the dealer used is not part of the Jayco Harness, can I assume there is an unused Jayco cable somewhere? Do all Jayco RV's have a Satellite cable in their harness? If so, I wouldn't think it would not protrude through the roof since a Satellite dish is not an available option with them. If it is part of the harness, how would you locate it? Thanks
Old 04-09-2021, 09:04 AM   #4

My 2018 Greyhawk came premiered for a portable satellite dish. You have to unhook the cable TV cable and hook up the satellite cable to use the satellite.I just run satellite cable through the passenger window to the receiver then close window. Much easier and simpler .
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFrankP View Post
Thanks, that's a good idea, however, the cable may not be part of the Jayco harness system. It is an RG59 cable. I wouldn't think that any manufacturer would use an obsolete cable designed for older technology. I guess what I'm asking if there is a way to get a cable from the roof to a sidewall less than 10' away by removing a panel or two. That way, I can be sure I'm using the highest grade of cable.

That also triggers another question? If the cable the dealer used is not part of the Jayco Harness, can I assume there is an unused Jayco cable somewhere? Do all Jayco RV's have a Satellite cable in their harness? If so, I wouldn't think it would not protrude through the roof since a Satellite dish is not an available option with them. If it is part of the harness, how would you locate it? Thanks
Specs say it comes with SAT dish PREP and every rig, since my 08 had RG-6. That is why I would contact JAYCO, since the dealer may not have used what JAYCO provided
Old 04-09-2021, 01:34 PM   #6

I did contact Jayco and they confirmed the Satellite antenna cable is not part of their harness on the Entegra Quest. I'm hoping another Quest owner could tell me the best solution for running a cable. I'm also hoping that if the dealer installed it, it's just in the wall loose so I could use it to pull a new wire through. I'll try it this weekend and report.
Thanks.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #7

Quote:
I did contact Jayco and they confirmed the Satellite antenna cable is not part of their harness on the Entegra Quest. I'm hoping another Quest owner could tell me the best solution for running a cable. I'm also hoping that if the dealer installed it, it's just in the wall loose so I could use it to pull a new wire through. I'll try it this weekend and report.
Thanks.
If it's not "pre-wired", then as you said, you should be able to pull a new cable fairly easily. It seems funny however since the specs state:

Cargo Features Aluminum skirt-hung baggage doors
Satellite Dish Prep for satellite dish
Third Brake Light Third brake light
Old 04-09-2021, 02:27 PM   #8

If you paid for the install, have them fix it, PERIOD

That said, those are kinda funky.

Be sure the wire is dedicated from dish to receiver, they can't be split off lake regular cable can

Maybe start with pulling a good line from the roof in the window to yer Reciver and see if that works. Then go from there

Good luck.
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavman View Post
Maybe start with pulling a good line from the roof in the window to yer Reciver and see if that works. Then go from there
He did all that in his original post...
Old 04-09-2021, 03:01 PM   #10

Dang I'm smart then...lol

I'm sure they split it off someplace
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:47 PM   #11

Perhaps it's different for your RV. I couldn't find any reference to Satellite in the specifications for my Entegra Quest. I agree that it seems weird for a $165K class C coach. My 17 year old Winnie even had a manufacture installed satellite cable. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Perhaps it's different for your RV. I couldn't find any reference to Satellite in the specifications for my Entegra Quest. I agree that it seems weird for a $165K class C coach. My 17 year old Winnie even had a manufacture installed satellite cable. Thanks for your input.
That is on ENTEGRA's web site for the Qwest and in the brochure.

Custom-molded ABS surround in cab-over area
Overhead bunk with 750-lb. capacity
Powered roof vent in living area with wall switch
80-in. interior ceiling height with padded vinyl ceiling
High-intensity LED ceiling lights
High-gloss hardwood fascia
Tecnoform® high-gloss cabinetry and countertops
Ball-bearing drawer guides
Day/night roller shades
Entegra-exclusive, easy-operation legless dinette table
(24K, 24R)
U-shaped dinette with stow-away pedestal legs (24L)
12V USB charging station in dinette area
LED living room TV
Blu-Ray™ player in living area
Prep for satellite dish
Cable TV hookup with RG-6 coax
Digital antenna with signal booster
6-cu. ft. gas/electric/12V refrigerator
Suburban 2-burner, drop-in cooktop with flush cover
Old 04-10-2021, 07:24 AM   #13

Thanks, I'm not sure what that means but Jayco customer service told me that there is no Satellite cable in the harness only OTA antenna cable. I'll find out for sure tomorrow when I attempt to change it. Besides, since I know for sure the OTA antenna cable is RG6 and the cable used for the Satellite dish is RG-59 I'm pretty confident it was dealer installed that didn't know what they were doing, which is why I want to fix it myself in the 1st place.

Here is my guess along with some facts. Due to RV demand, the service department is booking appointments 3 months out. The Delivery department installs options, inspects and cleans vehicle for delivery to customer. Both of these are facts at my delership. It is also a fact that my dealership failed at them all since I had other issues, including a flat inside tire and a broken exterior awning, among others. It is my guess the delivery department doesn't use techs that are trained like in service and have limited skills. Therefore, since I'm not willing to wait until July or have the confidence in the delivery department, is why I want to fix myself.

The reason for stating all this is the "buyer beware" factor of the RV industry right now. I'm sure there are still good dealerships out there but mine isn't one of them.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Thanks, I'm not sure what that means but Jayco customer service told me that there is no Satellite cable in the harness only OTA antenna cable.
Did you talk to Motorized or just Customer Service? I would request a Motorized Service Tech. Even the Melbourne shows "Sat Dish Prep"..
Old 04-10-2021, 03:06 PM   #15

We have a 2021 Greyhawk. I had a lot of trouble with my satellite also. Took the wall apart behind the refrigerator the wall behind the tv. I found a huge bundle that runs behind and beside the refrigerator. I finally ended up calling a Dish network technician and he figured it out with the wires that were there. So far so good.
Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:08 PM   #16

I believe I talked to motorized. It is what I selected from the menu list when I called customer service. With what you sent me, it begs another call to ask them specifically what Satellite ready means. Thanks again for trying to help.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:11 PM   #17

Thanks for the input. Would you happen to know where the end of that cable is if there is no Satellite dish? I suspect that my dealer didn't use it and that it is still buried close to where the dish should be installed.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That is on ENTEGRA's web site for the Qwest and in the brochure.

Custom-molded ABS surround in cab-over area
Overhead bunk with 750-lb. capacity
Powered roof vent in living area with wall switch
80-in. interior ceiling height with padded vinyl ceiling
High-intensity LED ceiling lights
High-gloss hardwood fascia
Tecnoform® high-gloss cabinetry and countertops
Ball-bearing drawer guides
Day/night roller shades
Entegra-exclusive, easy-operation legless dinette table
(24K, 24R)
U-shaped dinette with stow-away pedestal legs (24L)
12V USB charging station in dinette area
LED living room TV
Blu-Ray™ player in living area
Prep for satellite dish
Cable TV hookup with RG-6 coax
Digital antenna with signal booster
6-cu. ft. gas/electric/12V refrigerator
Suburban 2-burner, drop-in cooktop with flush cover
Could you please send link where you found this so I can be more informed when I call them back? I went here: https://www.entegracoach.com/motorhomes/qwest/
And there is no master list. You have to select details by category.(interior, exterior, chassis, etc.). I went to each one and can't find reference to setellite, just Cable TV and digital antenna.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Could you please send link where you found this so I can be more informed when I call them back? I went here: https://www.entegracoach.com/motorhomes/qwest/
And there is no master list. You have to select details by category.(interior, exterior, chassis, etc.). I went to each one and can't find reference to setellite, just Cable TV and digital antenna.
It's right under EXTERIOR.......and Post#12 is right from the Brochure.

EXTERIOR
Windows Frameless windows
Patio Awnings Girard® armless patio awning with LED light strip
Keyless Fob Remote keyless entry
Solar Solar prep
Utility Center Exterior utility center
Outside Shower Outside shower
Exterior Chrome grill package
Entrance Door Entrance door with industry’s largest travel-view window
Entrance Steps Electric-powered entrance step with integrated house battery compartment
Slideout Awnings Slideout cover awnings
Cargo Features Aluminum skirt-hung baggage doors
Satellite Dish Prep for satellite dish
Third Brake Light Third brake light
Old 04-11-2021, 11:58 AM   #20

Da! Can't see for looking. That's what happens when you get old��. Thank you