Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #1

satellite hook-up

On the 26DS Greyhawk, I noticed the satellite/cable hook-ups as well as an electrical outlet inside the storage bay immediately to the left of the entry door. I am assuming this is for when a TV maybe outdoors.

Where would the outside hook-up be to connect the inside television set?

As you can tell, I am still figuring everything out.
Campergma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:57 AM   #2

The terminals on the driver's side are for the cable/satellite inputs. Those on the right side are for an external TV.
daviddudek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #3

Thanks. I stopped by my dealership today and they showed me that the terminals were located within the shore power cord bay. Now if only I can figure out why, when my satellite finder is screaming signal, my DirecTV says no signal from any transponders. All the videos and advice make this sound so easy, but even my son, a network systems administrator, cannot get it to work.
Campergma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #4

If your's is like mine, there is a jumper cable (inside your RV) that connects the exterior cable or satellite in connection on the outside of your RV to the antenna amplifier inside your RV. The key to getting a satellite signal is to disconnect that short jumper, and to connect the antenna cable from your satellite box to the connection you removed the jumper from. This makes a direct connection from the exterior fitting to your satellite box, and bypasses the amplifier which may mess up satellite signals.

If nothing works, for at least testing purposes you could connect the cable from your dish directly to the satellite box, and thus bypass your RV wiring completely. At least then you know everything is set up correctly - except for your RV wiring, of course
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote