Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2020, 04:01 PM   #1

Satellite Hook up

I have a 2018 29 MVP Jayco and I'm looking for anyone who can help hook up my satellite dish. The dish is a King One Pro and sits outside on the ground. I figured out how to get the outside antenna hookup to the main tv but I also want to hook up the outside tv as well. Any ideas? I looked at the wiring below and it is all sealed so I don't think I can run a new cable. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Crich
crich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #2

I have a 2019 29MVP and I contacted Jayco. They will send you a diagram on how to connect the TV wiring for satellite. The diagrams also show various ways to hook up the TV's.
wmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:52 PM   #3

There should be a sat hook up on the opposition side of your cargo compartment where you hook up the water holes, you will need to put it in there.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich View Post
I have a 2018 29 MVP Jayco and I'm looking for anyone who can help hook up my satellite dish. The dish is a King One Pro and sits outside on the ground. I figured out how to get the outside antenna hookup to the main tv but I also want to hook up the outside tv as well. Any ideas? I looked at the wiring below and it is all sealed so I don't think I can run a new cable. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Crich
How did you get the outside dish hookup to the main tv. I have a 2019mv and can't figure out how to do it outside of running the cable through the window.
DenMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:11 AM   #5

I had to remove the switch plate that has the antenna booster switch. Look on the back of the plate and there are 3 tv coaxes. The center one goes to the outside antenna port for hookup where your electrical cord is located. You will need to purchase a connector to connect another coax to that cable and then just run it to your satellite receiver. I snaked my through the opening so it comes out with the other coax to the TV. Hope that helps, if not I have a wiring diagram I can send you.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #6
CAG

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/d...?do=file&id=91

This above is in the Manuals section at the top of the page. The info is what Jayco sent me when I asked the same question.

From what I can tell there are only two ways to get the signal to the outside TV and the bedroom TV and that is either fish a HDMI to each (not my favorite) or use HDMI radio remotes, which is what I have decided to do.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VCK1FG...v_ov_lig_dp_it

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:03 PM   #7

I think that's a great idea, I don't like the idea of running cables either.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich View Post
I had to remove the switch plate that has the antenna booster switch. Look on the back of the plate and there are 3 tv coaxes. The center one goes to the outside antenna port for hookup where your electrical cord is located. You will need to purchase a connector to connect another coax to that cable and then just run it to your satellite receiver. I snaked my through the opening so it comes out with the other coax to the TV. Hope that helps, if not I have a wiring diagram I can send you.
Kind of get what you are saying. I would appreciate the wiring diagram please and thank you !
Old 04-23-2020, 04:02 PM   #9
CAG

If you look at the information that I posted in #6 all of the diagrams are there, electrical, coax as well as instructions on how to wire the switch for DISH etc.

Everything you need is there except someone to wire it for you.

Open it up and download the info.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
If you look at the information that I posted in #6 all of the diagrams are there, electrical, coax as well as instructions on how to wire the switch for DISH etc.

Thanks. Trying to make sense of these. I have a masters in chemistry, but throw these diagrams at me and my head starts spinning.

stupid questions #1 : So my satellite tailgater would go into the compartment with the electrical cord. What is the connection for on the passenger side compartment, is that strictly an output to a TV ?
Old 04-23-2020, 05:48 PM   #11
CAG

Yes but it is your input to the TV. (same thing

I am going to go by memory here since my paperwork is in the RV but that line is going to go to the back of the plate with the power button. There are three lines coming in there as I recall. One will be your input. Remove that coax. Then remove one of the two coax from the back of the double Sat plate. Does not matter which one. Connect your TV Input to the back of that at the now open connection. Connect your DISH receiver coax to the front of that connection. HDMI from the receiver to your TV and you should be up and running.

The schematics you have should show you that and which coax of the three is your input from the electrical cabinet outside. By color code.

Sorry I keep adding to this but I am hoping this makes sense.

Old 04-23-2020, 08:34 PM   #12

Let me make sure I understand.

1.It is prewired from the roof for satellite so I am disconnecting 1 of those, either one on the back of the sat plate.

2. The plate with the antenna booster, on the back there are 3 cables going in, I am disconnecting the input, the one that comes from compartment by the electrical cord.

3. The cable I just disconnected I connect to the now available sat plate(since I disconnected 1 of the 2 pre wired roof )

4.I need another RG6 cable from the front of the sat plate to my receiver(HDMI box to tv)

5. If I am at a campground with cable, i move the input from back of sat plate back to the opening behind the antenna booster plate.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:02 PM   #13
CAG

Yes, I think you have it down.

5 I am not sure of because I always hook to the Tailgator but I think that is correct.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:16 PM   #14

Awesome. This is a game changer, thank you !
Old 04-24-2020, 11:49 AM   #15

Quote:

Thank you so much, that works. According to the diagrams you linked, the last wiring diagram shows an A/B switch to go between cable/satellite. Knowing the satellite needs power, would this work, it's 3GHz. Any opinions ?

https://www.amazon.com/RCA-DH24SPF-T.../dp/B0018BQR84
Old 04-24-2020, 12:11 PM   #16
CAG

This is what I have in-line. I have not tried it yet but I would think that if you use what you have pictured you would be "splitting" the signal rather than routing it one direction or the other. With this you send the signal down one line or the other but not both.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 04-24-2020, 02:32 PM   #17

Quote:
This is what I have in-line. I have not tried it yet but I would think that if you use what you have pictured you would be "splitting" the signal rather than routing it one direction or the other. With this you send the signal down one line or the other but not both.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sliding it to A or B makes total sense. Is there any concern that it wouldn't work because of the voltage on the satellite cable ?
Old 04-24-2020, 02:55 PM   #18
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenMig View Post
Sliding it to A or B makes total sense. Is there any concern that it wouldn't work because of the voltage on the satellite cable ?
I actually forgot I put that switch in until you mentioned it. It is not causing any issues with mine so you should be good to go with it.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #19

Quote:
I actually forgot I put that switch in until you mentioned it. It is not causing any issues with mine so you should be good to go with it.
I really appreciate all the help. Going to order this. I am beyond excited that I can now run my Dish into my RV ! Also thumbs up for all the quick responses ! You were extremely helpful, thank you !
Old 04-24-2020, 03:05 PM   #20
CAG

You are more than welcome. I know how confusing that can get so I am glad that I could help.