Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2019, 07:51 PM   #1

ScanGauge for Seneca

I bought ScanGauge D for the 2019 Seneca. While installing it, I found the Seneca's diagnostic connector does not fit either of the ScanGauge's plugs (9 pin J1938 and 6 pin J1708). I am thinking I may have bought the wrong unit. If you have a ScanGauge, which unit did you install or if you used the "D" how did you get the plug to fit the diagnostic connector?

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:20 PM   #2

If your port is green, call scan gauge and they will send you the correct connector free of charge. The green port is the new standard, but scan gauge has not caught up.
2017 Seneca 36FK
ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:23 PM   #3

Thank you sir, your answer is appreciated.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
Old 04-02-2019, 07:12 AM   #4

I called Scangauge and the are sending the correct cable. Once again thank you.

Old 04-02-2019, 01:34 PM   #5

Thanks for posting this. I thought it was me doing something wrong. Called Scangage and their sending me a whole new unit, something about a program change and do have to return the unit I have in a prepaid envelop provided got mine 4 months ago for xmas, I do have to return the one I have in a prepaid envelop they provide, I'm putting in a 2017 Seneca.

Thanks again
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:40 PM   #6

I have the scan gauge in my 2017 37TS mainly for MPG as the gas gauge is so far off. Watching Transmission Temp is also helpful
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by whporwil View Post
Thanks for posting this. I thought it was me doing something wrong. Called Scangage and their sending me a whole new unit, something about a program change and do have to return the unit I have in a prepaid envelop provided got mine 4 months ago for xmas, I do have to return the one I have in a prepaid envelop they provide, I'm putting in a 2017 Seneca.

Thanks again

The same thing happened to me and they just sent a whole new unit with the current Firmware and cable. I had mentioned it on a post about the Scangauge for the later Senecas but want to mention it again, that it is best to get them direct from Scangauge.....it may cost a little bit more but you wont have the hassle of dealing with it not working.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oma/opa View Post
I have the scan gauge in my 2017 37TS mainly for MPG as the gas gauge is so far off. Watching Transmission Temp is also helpful
Not a Seneca, but I've found the ScanGauge responds much faster than the my dash gauges:
My fan clutch failed in the middle of a long climb. The ScanGauge showed increasing temps almost immediately. I was pulled off on the shoulder of the road before the dash gauge registered any noticeable change. If not for the ScanGauge, I might have continued on that long grade and could have seriously overheated.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:57 AM   #9

So I'm interpreting that the scan gauge connects into the engine management system to read out various engine data?

If so I have been using a Bluetooth sending unit (Plugs into ODBII) and free apps on my android phone. I have been using this setup on my car so I could get a more accurate temperature and other info not displayed. It's also works as a code reader with the ability to clear.

The Bluetooth unit costs under $20 with shipping and apps are free. I use it in the RV as well.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 201822j View Post
So I'm interpreting that the scan gauge connects into the engine management system to read out various engine data?

If so I have been using a Bluetooth sending unit (Plugs into ODBII) and free apps on my android phone. I have been using this setup on my car so I could get a more accurate temperature and other info not displayed. It's also works as a code reader with the ability to clear.

The Bluetooth unit costs under $20 with shipping and apps are free. I use it in the RV as well.
For a "light truck" such as an E-450 with OBDII that will work, but the Freightliner does not have the same OBD port as your Ford. The ScanGauge is configured to tap into and interpret the Freightliner data network, I have not seen a device that uses Bluetooth and an app (yet) that will work on our Senecas.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
The same thing happened to me and they just sent a whole new unit with the current Firmware and cable. I had mentioned it on a post about the Scangauge for the later Senecas but want to mention it again, that it is best to get them direct from Scangauge.....it may cost a little bit more but you wont have the hassle of dealing with it not working.
Scan gauge checked my unit and it had the correct firmware. Great customer service,

Old 04-04-2019, 07:22 AM   #12

i just installed my scan gauge the cord had both style pugs on it
Old 04-04-2019, 10:49 PM   #13

Got the correct plug from ScanGauge and finished the install. Fired it up and it is ready to go. Thanks everyone!!!!

Old 04-11-2019, 11:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oma/opa View Post
Roy.....what brand name and model scan gauge did you get? The fuel gauge on our 2017 TS is also inaccurate (VERY)!! Also, like to monitor transmission temp. Our 2007 Seneca 35GS had temp gauge, still wondering why no gauge in 2017. Thanks, Jesse
JJFRANCIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFRANCIS View Post
Roy.....what brand name and model scan gauge did you get? The fuel gauge on our 2017 TS is also inaccurate (VERY)!! Also, like to monitor transmission temp. Our 2007 Seneca 35GS had temp gauge, still wondering why no gauge in 2017. Thanks, Jesse
Jesse
ScanGuage is the brand by Linear Logic, model is ScanGaugeD
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:40 AM   #16

if I order the scangauge d it comes with the a green type 2 J1939 connector, is that the right one for my MH,
Old 07-24-2019, 12:27 AM   #17

Hope I知 not thread jacking but I have the scan gauge D for a 2014 Seneca and I知 not sure I知 using the fuel fill info correctly. It seems after filling both tanks and visibly see fuel level, my dash fuel gauge shows 3/4 tank. Damn, is the gauge THAT inaccurate?

I set tank capacity to 60 gal (reserve a little unusable fuel buffer) but I don稚 see the tool showing me distance to empty? I知 sure I知 messing something up or missing a step.

2014 Seneca 37FS
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
AaronL is offline   Reply With Quote