Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2017, 06:32 PM   #1

Schwintek slide control panel

Does anyone know the location of the slide control panel on a 2017 Melbourne 24L. The rear motor has, for whatever reason, disengaged and the rear portion of the side is not moving. Called Camping World (Kingston ,NY) where I bought this RV 6 months ago (!!!) and advised they are not taking new repairs until October... I am beyond angry ..!!
gpdstaffcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:17 PM   #2

Can't answer regarding the controller, but contact JAYCO about getting another service center or mobile service to work on it.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #3

Good ole Camping World! Worthless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:16 AM   #4

Hi,sorry i can't help with a location of the controller,but since Camping world will not step up to the plate and help you,I can recommend a reliable ,honest family owned business that may be able to help you sooner than next october.Diederichs in South Coxsackie N.Y.
I camp seasonal in a camp ground and can attest that there service is top notch.I too have bought from Campers world and wish that Diederich's sold Jayco campers,but they do fix them.Good luck
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:17 AM   #5

Thanks

Thanks all for your helpful replies. I'll keep Diederichs in South Coxsackie N.Y. in my phone. Turns out self reliance is always the best solution. I contacted Lippert Industries, the manufacturer of the Schwintek slide. They were very helpful. Based upon their directions I removed the rear motor assembly. Found the problem...The exterior set screw that holds the motor down was stripped apparently at the factory. It finally let go and the motor lifted 1/2" disengaging from the track. It was a little difficult learning the best process for reinstalling the motor, but I was able to manage. I replaced the set screw with one of larger diameter and WALA..slide working again..T.G. reday for our next adventure... George
Old 08-31-2017, 10:51 AM   #6

I think you can go to most any RV dealer, and Jayco will authorize repair!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:33 PM   #7

Was the motor assembly located on top of the slide pillar ?
Dcarl569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:51 PM   #8

George,glad you got it going again.Was it hard to get to the the motor.I have a schwinteck
slide setup on my bedroom slide on my greyhawk.Always trying to learn as much as I can on the working of these things so if the occasion arises I don't have to rely on campers world to blow me off for a month or more .
Old 09-03-2017, 07:41 AM   #9

Slide Motor

Yes, the slide motor is located under the weather stripping at each top corner of the slide. Mine was a little difficult to get to with the slide retacted (as my 24L is a full wall slide with very little room between the rear wall and slide), but not bad with the slide 6"-8" from full extention. There is a set screw accessed from the outside top corner of the slide. Lippert has some great videos out and I'll defer to these. From my own experience, however, once the screw is removed and tension taken off the slide motor, the motor assembly tilts right out. Installation is pretty much as easy. Somewhat tedious as you have to deal with the thick weather stripping. But with some patience I believe it was not too tough. I now feel very comfortable replacing either myself again any time in the future.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:06 AM   #10

Thanks for your help,went on to the lippert you tube videos,great help,thanks again.
Marty
Old 09-04-2017, 12:50 AM   #11

The more I deal with these units the more I realize that you have to become a master mechanic or you will find your self with a lot of down time. Thanks to the internet, you tube and this forum we are better equipped to handle these issues. I can not imagine the stress if these tools were not available and we had to rely on the dealers to get to our units on a timely basis.

RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:09 PM   #12

RV Vermont I agree 1000 %.There was a big discussion on here a few days ago about buying local and paying more, than a super deal on the internet and saving thousands.
So as stated at the beginning of the thread,bought locally,and put off till next month for warranty repair.That kind of service really sucks.When I had a ford issue and warranty work was needed the ford stealership right next door to the Camping World of Kingston ,ALL AMERICAN FORD,blew me off also and told me to bring it in in 2 months!
Sorry ,I just had to rant a bit and every chance I get to badmouth this dealership I do
Marty
2017 greyhawk mv
Old 09-04-2017, 03:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Cajun View Post
Good ole Camping World! Worthless!

Yes.. I've experienced the same horrible service. Ugh!

2015 Jayco Melbourne 29 D

Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote

« Melbourne 29d | TV »