Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-26-2021, 12:50 PM   #1

Seat ideas

Has anyone done any sort if upgrades to your Ford E450 seats? I see the swivle ideas but would love to fit something a little more like the Class A seats in my 2018 MV.

Would like something like theses to sort of add a little something to the cab
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20211226-104615_Samsung Internet.jpg  
29FOOTERJAYCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:49 AM   #2

following...

Wife hates the ones in the RV now. I looked around but couldn't find anything I could just bolt in.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:03 AM   #3

I replaced mine in late 2018 prior to FlexSteel exiting the RV business. There was a limited selection (4 styles if I remember correctly) of seats due to the size and base bolts requirements of a Class C motorhome. The ones I chose are extremely comfortable with adjustable Lumbar and other adjustable aspects (I haven't made more adjustments but I think the armrests and the chair back sides and back tilt are also adjustable) along with the drivers side pedestal being 6-way electric for other adjustments including base tilt as well.

In any case, I was told that the larger Class A seats will not fit due to the floor height, base bolts, reclining room and a few other issues.

Another thought is that the seats I did install are similar to those in a Class A in size and comfort based on me sitting in a few Class A's over the years although I suspect they are a little smaller. Also, I don't see anyway possible that the ones I purchased could ever swivel due to the size of the seat even if I had a swivel pedestal as the seats are only a few inches away for the sidewalls of the RV cab. I have not sat in or checked out the newer Class C's with swivel seats, however I suspect that the seat area must be smaller or something in the swivel is different than simply swiveling at the center point of the seat itself.

Probably what I would do now that FlexSteel is no longer an option is consider having the seats reupholstered with Ultra Leather (that is what I chose and from my research it is the best material to use) and while they are reupholstering them then perhaps they could add more foam underneath the upholstery if needed or make some changes that would provide more comfort for you.

Other than reupholstering, you could call around the few places on the internet that may have Class C seats, perhaps https://www.braddandhall.com/product...idCategory=122

Good Luck and Welcome to the jaycoowners forums, CA
Old 12-30-2021, 04:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
I replaced mine in late 2018 prior to FlexSteel exiting the RV business. There was a limited selection (4 styles if I remember correctly) of seats due to the size and base bolts requirements of a Class C motorhome. The ones I chose are extremely comfortable with adjustable Lumbar and other adjustable aspects (I haven't made more adjustments but I think the armrests and the chair back sides and back tilt are also adjustable) along with the drivers side pedestal being 6-way electric for other adjustments including base tilt as well.

In any case, I was told that the larger Class A seats will not fit due to the floor height, base bolts, reclining room and a few other issues.

Another thought is that the seats I did install are similar to those in a Class A in size and comfort based on me sitting in a few Class A's over the years although I suspect they are a little smaller. Also, I don't see anyway possible that the ones I purchased could ever swivel due to the size of the seat even if I had a swivel pedestal as the seats are only a few inches away for the sidewalls of the RV cab. I have not sat in or checked out the newer Class C's with swivel seats, however I suspect that the seat area must be smaller or something in the swivel is different than simply swiveling at the center point of the seat itself.

Probably what I would do now that FlexSteel is no longer an option is consider having the seats reupholstered with Ultra Leather (that is what I chose and from my research it is the best material to use) and while they are reupholstering them then perhaps they could add more foam underneath the upholstery if needed or make some changes that would provide more comfort for you.

Other than reupholstering, you could call around the few places on the internet that may have Class C seats, perhaps https://www.braddandhall.com/product...idCategory=122

Good Luck and Welcome to the jaycoowners forums, CA
Some possible options at discountvantruck.com, measure well...

https://www.discountvantruck.com/rvh...hbackseats.htm
USAF Retired
SlowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c seats