Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #1

Second Repair to Fresh Water tank Failed

Well on our way out to Foscue Creek on Thursday the dealer had us swing by so he could take a look at the leaking fresh water tank again and make repairs. Well, it did not work. When we got to our destination, it was leaking again. But there is more to this. On the way home today, my wife and I heard a noise that we had never heard before, it sounded like something had shifted around, my wife looked around and she only noticed that the toilet seat and cover had closed. So we figured that must have been it and paid no mind. Well when we got home and parked, I hooked up the garden hose to put some water in the fresh water tank to see if it was still leaking before calling the dealer on Monday morning. Well, its still leaking and the guard that was in front of the tank is no more. We can only assume that that was the "real" noise we heard. It must have come loose either because the dealer didn't tighten the screws down enough, or just gave up from the helper springs hitting it constantly. It must have went right under and out the back. Dealer will be getting a phone call tomorrow. On the good side, we had a good trip and it doesn't appear that any damage to me or anyone that would have been behind me on the highway happened.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	5399
Troy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #2

Update - the dealer already submitted the paperwork for a new tank. Just waiting for the part to come in. Jayco has requested the dealer call them when we bring it in for the repairs. Still not sure how they are going to fix the problem of the helper springs hitting the line unless they relocate it.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #3

Update from Jayco.

Apparently on my Greyhawk (I am assuming it is the same for all) there is a shim installed on the drivers side springs that is installed by Jayco to compensate for the two slides on the drivers side. The theory is that this shim may be causing the springs to be closer to the plumbing and the tank. Since I have factory installed leveling jacks this drivers side shim is not necessary and will be removed when I bring the RV in to have the tank replaced.