Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2020, 03:16 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuggit View Post
Can someone post what the correct routing of the lines is? Thank you.

It is best to contact FCCC via email for the drawings as they can be VIN specific, that is what they told me when I asked about sharing them.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:53 PM   #42

We have a 2018.5 on the S2RV chassis. We have had def tank issues almost from the beginning. Dash light would come on during any trip longer than about 100 miles. Park it for a while and the light would be off, until we drove for 2-3 hours, then it pops back on. Took it to Freightliner twice but I think all they did was clear the codes.

During a long trip this summer it finally failed completely and went into “shut down”mode. Dash light was on and def gauge went to empty even though the tank was probably 3/4 full.

We made it to Bakersfield Truck Center just before it went into “limp” mode. They replaced the def tank rack under warranty. Mechanic there said it was a common issue and he had replaced a rack on another RV the previous week.

We are out in the rig now. Drove it over 250 miles with no issues.
ralett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:29 PM   #43

Ralett. I also have the S2RV chassis and I’m at Floyd’s truck center right now to have the DEF Header and coolant valve replaced. Casper, Wyoming. There’s a lot of info here about this system but what the heck is a DEF tank rack. This is a new one on me. Could you explain what this is for future reference? Thanks.
dcs500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 11:44 AM   #44

I emailed Freightliner and they responded back quickly. I was told to continue driving and if the MIL comes on again to make a service appointment. We leave Tuesday for a hopefully uneventful short trip.
phuggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:16 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
Brief update after completing repairs. Yes the DEF Header was replaced and in my case heater control valve which is what continued to fail on my rig. Basically it was in the open position continuously. The valve should not open above 32 degrees. This definitely is a dealer fix. Took several hours. It looks like this may throw several difference fault code all related to the DEF tank heater. Mine is below. My MIL light would come on when it was extremely hot outside. Just think ambient temp 100 and running coolant through your DEF tank. I know at last dealer temp in def tank was 160.
Was this a covered item under warranty?
Old 08-10-2020, 07:41 AM   #46

I just had the Header and coolant valve replaced at Floyd's in Casper. The tech took only 2 hours and I was out of there. Warranty covered parts and labor.
dcs500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:09 PM   #47

DEF Header

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Was this a covered item under warranty?
Totally covered under warranty.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:10 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs500 View Post
I just had the Header and coolant valve replaced at Floyd's in Casper. The tech took only 2 hours and I was out of there. Warranty covered parts and labor.
I"m glad that I dialed them in for your arrival. Ha. Glad ti worked. Were your DEF coolant lines reversed?
Old 08-10-2020, 09:47 PM   #49

Just picked ours up Saturday, having the DEF Header replaced and they were suppose to correct the coolant lines and they were reversed according to the drawings they sent me. Being the person I am, After I got home, I checked their work only to discover that they did noting about the reversed coolant lines, they didnt touch them even after being told by FCCC to fix them Emailed them Saturday night and the email has been read but no reply as of yet...

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:38 AM   #50

Unbelievable. I believe if the lines are not changed the valve will fail as well as the Header. I have been through 3 valves and two DEF Headers until the lines were changed.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:20 PM   #51

Okay - my turn.
I have a 2019 seneca 37ts on the S2rv chassis. Last week on the road the MIL light came on and I read a 3363 code on my BlueFire reader. Got it back to the storage no problem. Went the next day to bring it to the Freightliner dealer in Bryan Texas. No light and no code. So this week after traveling to Louisiana and on the way back my check engine light came on with a 3364 - 10 code. Stopped for a snack and restarted and a 1761 - 10 code also appeared. 1761 code mentions about def quality. Strange since I haven’t addded any def in 500 miles ��. Parked it yesterday. Checked today and check engine light and amber def light in fuel gauge both light. So I am bringing it to Bryan Freightliner in the morning.
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Blue ox base plate and tow bar
M&G engineering brake system.
Jesslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:27 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslinger View Post
Okay - my turn.
I have a 2019 seneca 37ts on the S2rv chassis. Last week on the road the MIL light came on and I read a 3363 code on my BlueFire reader. Got it back to the storage no problem. Went the next day to bring it to the Freightliner dealer in Bryan Texas. No light and no code. So this week after traveling to Louisiana and on the way back my check engine light came on with a 3364 - 10 code. Stopped for a snack and restarted and a 1761 - 10 code also appeared. 1761 code mentions about def quality. Strange since I haven’t addded any def in 500 miles ��. Parked it yesterday. Checked today and check engine light and amber def light in fuel gauge both light. So I am bringing it to Bryan Freightliner in the morning.
As previously posted when I was at Casper they measured the temp of my DEF. It was 160 degrees! I am not a chemist but it cannot be good to almost boil DEF. DEF is 67.5% of de-ionized water. If DEF can go bad sitting in a tank for a couple years, I can only assume that heating it cannot be good. Safe travels.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:01 PM   #53

Def issues

Really appreciate all the info. Believe it or not, we have a 2018 Seneca and at7867 miles the def light and yellow check engine light came on. Called FCC and they said sounds like need to regen continue driving and it should clear. If after about 3-4 restarts if it has not cleared get to service center. Well it didn’t clear and when we reached to campsite that night the def light starting blinking. Checked def level and added a little. Next morning went to crank engine and now def light blinking ( know it was full) yellow check engine light on and red stop engine light on. Got towed to freight liner repair and sure enough lines were crossed. Asked them to check header and coolent valve. They said header was ok, saw paperwork and said header was malfunctioning and needed replacement. They said they rechecked 3 times and all codes cleared. Hot the road and just as pulling into Las Vegas def light and yellow check engine light came back on. Have to work for next few days so will have to get to repair center again. Will call FCC tomorrow and try to line up repair. This time I will insist on header and coolent valve replacement as we have to travel back home to Alabama and don’t feel like dealing with this again.
NancyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:36 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyD View Post
Really appreciate all the info. Believe it or not, we have a 2018 Seneca and at7867 miles the def light and yellow check engine light came on. Called FCC and they said sounds like need to regen continue driving and it should clear. If after about 3-4 restarts if it has not cleared get to service center. Well it didn’t clear and when we reached to campsite that night the def light starting blinking. Checked def level and added a little. Next morning went to crank engine and now def light blinking ( know it was full) yellow check engine light on and red stop engine light on. Got towed to freight liner repair and sure enough lines were crossed. Asked them to check header and coolent valve. They said header was ok, saw paperwork and said header was malfunctioning and needed replacement. They said they rechecked 3 times and all codes cleared. Hot the road and just as pulling into Las Vegas def light and yellow check engine light came back on. Have to work for next few days so will have to get to repair center again. Will call FCC tomorrow and try to line up repair. This time I will insist on header and coolent valve replacement as we have to travel back home to Alabama and don’t feel like dealing with this again.
Just wondering if this is on an early 2018 M2 chassis or a later 2018 S2 ?
Old 08-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #55

NancyD, this is David C. We met the night before you got towed. So sorry you’re still dealing with this! We just got back from a 4000 road trip through Palm Springs (120 degrees). Everything ran great no real issues. I called FCCC and asked if this is something all Seneca owners should be concerned with. He said that if I went through sustainable 120 degree heat that ours would be fine. He said there was only a handful that had this issue but they seemed to have caught it early. So far (I could be wrong) it seems to have been mainly in the 2018.5. He said anyone can have it checked for piece of mind, but if nothing is found, it would be on our dime. Nancy, I’m glad you made it to Vegas. It was great meeting you!
Dchafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #56

Picked up my 2019 37ts from the Freightliner dealer yesterday. Said they replaced the DEF header. Said they checked the plumbing. No paper work for me, everything covered under warranty.
No lights no codes no errors. Everything seems to be back to normal.
Back on the road again :-)
Or
2018 F150 supercrew
Blue ox base plate and tow bar
M&G engineering brake system.
Jesslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:18 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceter View Post
When I talked to FCCC they told me the problem on 2018 S2RV chassis’s built in 2017. The problem I had was a def connection was not connected correctly at the factory and worked itself loose causing the MIL to come on and it to display a 4342 error on the Scan Guage. 800 miles since corrected with no issues.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:44 PM   #58

def issues

Bruceter, not sure what the date of manufacture is. When I have a moment, working at the moment, will see if I can find and reply again.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:45 PM   #59

Good meeting you and thanks for pointing me to this site!!
Old 08-17-2020, 05:32 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceter View Post
Mine is M2 at freightliner service now having this issue resolved.

Tags
def, fault, spr