Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2020, 05:42 PM   #61

def issues

Bruceter, mine is a S2RV not M2. Hope that helps
NancyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:56 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyD View Post
Bruceter, not sure what the date of manufacture is. When I have a moment, working at the moment, will see if I can find and reply again.
Your date of manufacture will be on a label on the driver's side door jamb.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:22 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Mine is M2 at freightliner service now having this issue resolved.
Thanks McGintys924, so it’s not necessary just the S2’s that are having this problem. Mine is a 2018 M2 as well, so I’ll have to watch for this.

Thanks again
Bruce
Old 09-23-2020, 01:04 PM   #64

Any data on DEf heater issues on 2014 and 2015 models. I have a 2015 SenecaTS with 12K on it. So far exhaust fluid consumption appears normal with no DEF faults and it seems to regen as designed. However, I did buy it second hand last year and one of the first things I did was drain the DEF tank while monitoring the green level indictors feed back as the tank drained, it was accurate. I also and replaced the DEF filter at the tank, the old filter appeared very clean.
GCAT9110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #65

Update to the DEF saga. In Las Vegas they replaced DEF header and recheck lines said they were still crossed. Checked the coolant valve and said it was good. Left the next morning and 47 miles outside of Flagstaff had the yellow engine light come on which indicates engine emission problem. Lost power to climb hills and making popping sound. Pulled over and were towed to Flagstaff. FCC was contacted and they had us towed in. Spent 3 days there and they had DEF header changed out again and finally coolant valve changed. Left again and finally made it back home. If anyone has this problem I would suggest to insist that lines be checked for crossing and DEF header and Coolant valve be replaced period before you head out. This has been a painful trip.
NancyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:45 PM   #66

Omg Nancy. Ridiculous for sure. Glad you made it home. I called Fccc and asked if there had been a recall and they said no. It was happening on a small fraction of the Seneca’s. He said if we chose to take it in that it would be on our dime. Let’s hope the worst is behind you.
Dchafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchafe View Post
It was happening on a small fraction of the Seneca’s
Yeah that’s a load of Crap! It’s happening to Seneca’s, Renegades, Dynamax’s and anything else built on the S2 chassis. They tried to tell me it was a small percentage and I replied Bull@#$%. Between this forum, other RV forums and Facebook pages people report this issue at least 2-3 time a week. They need to fess up and be proactive on this and at least issue a TSB.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 11:44 AM   #68

DEF Issues

I have a 2020 37K I purchased in July. I was able to get the DEF Heater coolant routing diagrams and have determined mine was plumbed incorrectly as well. It was a simple fix other than the coolant running down my arms. Just hoping my heater will be fine with only 2500 miles on it.

Scott
SKWMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #69

I have a 2018.5 Seneca and had the same problem just short of 11,000 miles. Drove with the light on for about 8 hours to get to Freighliner. they replaced the heater valve as stated above and then the next day when driving the 150miles home the DEF light and MIL lights came on again. contined to drive home and the following day and a few cycles later it has not come on again. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the system.
miles ahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:31 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles ahead View Post
I have a 2018.5 Seneca and had the same problem just short of 11,000 miles. Drove with the light on for about 8 hours to get to Freighliner. they replaced the heater valve as stated above and then the next day when driving the 150miles home the DEF light and MIL lights came on again. contined to drive home and the following day and a few cycles later it has not come on again. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the system.

Did they replace the DEF Header or just the heater valve? Since you have a 2018.5 I highly suggest you contact FCCC direct about this because you are the prime year for having the coolant lines reversed from the factory and unless those are corrected, you will continue to have issues. I only got the MIL light a couple times and the code was 3363 and FCCC wanted it in to have the DEF Header replaced as with that code, high temps could have already damaged the Header sensors.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:24 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Did they replace the DEF Header or just the heater valve? Since you have a 2018.5 I highly suggest you contact FCCC direct about this because you are the prime year for having the coolant lines reversed from the factory and unless those are corrected, you will continue to have issues. I only got the MIL light a couple times and the code was 3363 and FCCC wanted it in to have the DEF Header replaced as with that code, high temps could have already damaged the Header sensors.
X2 I went through 3 heater valves 2 DEF headers before they found that coolant lines were reversed. You will continue with same problem unless this is checked and corrected. Check my original post.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:03 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceter View Post
Thanks McGintys924, so it’s not necessary just the S2’s that are having this problem. Mine is a 2018 M2 as well, so I’ll have to watch for this.

Thanks again
Bruce
Interestingly I advised them that it could be the lines going to the header are reversed causing this issue. They said they are not reversed and nailed me $125 for checking. Called Freightliner CCC who didn’t care one bit. Two weeks later I get a call from accounting of Freightliner Peoria who tells me I was undercharged for my bill; I lost it!!! They agreed to refund the $125. Perhaps don’t say anything about the header lines on M2 and just keep making Freightliner pay for replacement for 4.5 years.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:39 AM   #73

The BlueFire engine monitor lets you monitor DEF tank temp and DEF quality among a multitude of other things. Highly recommend it. My lines are reversed and getting corrected next week.
lslblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:49 AM   #74

DEF header

Just got of the phone with Freighliner Custom Chassis. they are aware of the problem and while on the phone they called my local Freightliner Service, explained the problem, and that they would pay for the repair if needed. Its going in to the shop on Monday. thanks to all for the info!

can you give me a little more info on the engine monitor? Can I install, how much does it cost, and what does it monitor?

Thanks again.
miles ahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:10 AM   #75

Check out
https://bluefire-llc.com/website/motorhomes

They are $190 and then the app is free from android or apple app stores. It has all of the capabilities of a scanguage or silverleaf at lower cost and you can custom design the dash however you want. It will also track trip data, record telemetry data from engine for the trip, read and clear engine codes, etc.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:47 AM   #76

but no reading of EGT? (exhaust gas temp)
mcdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #77

EGT is there too. You can download the app without adapter and what is available.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:08 PM   #78

The Bluefire module can only read what the ECU puts out. The M2 and the S2 chassis does not output EGT so even though the app has the gauge available, you can’t use it. You have to actually connect to the module plugged into your coach to see what outputs for gauges, not jus look in the app. You check the Drive and Repair pages once connected to see what gauges you can add.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:12 PM   #79

That is a limitation of the chassis, not the device. There are often multiple PGNs that report the same thing. I'll do some checking to see if they report an alternate PGN EGT.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:59 AM   #80

Thanks for responding to my query about exhaust gas temperature which I feel is very important. I know the temperature probe must be installed for this to be read but is there a seperate input for pyrometer to read EGT in the Bluefire module itself?

2019 Seneca
2018 Wrangler JLUS toad
mcdanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
def, fault, spr