Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #1

Seneca 37 TS Slide info

I am trying to prepare for the worst and gettting to know my slides on my 2018 Seneca TS. I know the living room is a Power Gear and I can see all the operating parts. The bedroom is a Schwintech and I have no clue what the kitchen slide is and more importantly where the controls or motors are for either of these.

Any guidance willl be appprecited
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:08 PM   #2

Can't help too much Mark, all three in my '14 TS are Power Gear.

I know your bedroom slide is a Schwintek as you mentioned, they have the "gear tracks" on the outside. Does your kitchen slide have those same tracks?

On my kitchen slide I can peer underneath the slide from the stepwell when the slide is retracted. From there with a light I can see the bolt head where I would manually operate the slide if necessary after releasing the motor lock. I can unlock the motor by removing an access panel in the outside compartment ceiling below the slide.

Can you see anything looking back along the floor under the slide?
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #3

Hi Rob,

This is the under side of the kitchen slide. And yes , when the slide is in I can get access to the bolt head. And there is no visable access when the slide is extended. The panel underneath secures the love seat bolts so it would be a job getting to the motor. I think there would be a lot of tearing stuff apart.

I hope I never have to do this and I know if prepared I never will. Lol.

Any idea how and or where I would access the Schwitec bedroom slide?

Thanks for you guidance once again.
Attached Thumbnails
38E96C6B-C43F-4E0B-A0BC-E8478A21B07B.jpg   651C2871-F183-4F59-A9B3-99DB28DE3F49.jpg   ED13A59F-39A5-4177-B893-EAA87A776887.jpg  
Old 05-16-2018, 07:58 PM   #4

Sorry for the delay, Little League game tonight for grandson!

Your picture looks similar to my kitchen slide, are there two "tracks" underneath for that slide? I have attached a .pdf that shows how my Power Gear slide is put together. I have a removable cover in the ceiling of my outside compartment that is right below the motor. Should I need to move the slide manually I would need to remove that cover and reach up and disengage the motor brake. Then I could take my long 12" drive extension that I carry, a 3/4" socket, and a ratchet, and then crank for about 15 minutes to get that slide back in!

As far as the bedroom Schwintek I can't help at all. Never had one. But I believe there are two motors accessed from inside the coach on the sides of the slideout opening. Lots of Schwintek info here on the forum and even numerous YouTube videos.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slideout export.pdf (48.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 05-17-2018, 05:25 AM   #5

Robby,how do you unlock the motor? Electrically or unbolting it.Might sound like a stupid question ,but I'm trying to learn as much as I can.Thankyou for your help.
Marty
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #6

Thanks Rob. On the top of the 2nd passenger compartment is an access panel to the kitchen slide motor. On the side of the motor is an engage-disengage lever. Glad I found that. The only remaining question on the kitchen slide is how to access the inside turn bolt when the slide is open as the trim will block access until the slide comes in a few inches.

Now on to learning the Schwintec.

I sure hope I never need use any of this information ��
Attached Thumbnails
F62EB804-5999-4470-BC19-C667EC0FDEC8.jpg  
Old 05-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by submariner View Post
Robby,how do you unlock the motor? Electrically or unbolting it.Might sound like a stupid question ,but I'm trying to learn as much as I can.Thankyou for your help.
Marty
On the Power Gear motor there is a grey plastic/rubber cover. On the end opposite where it bolts to the mechanism under the cover there is a handle that protrudes. See the attached picture below. Also see the manual retraction instructions below.

First they want you to disconnect the wires to the motor, probably so it doesn't unexpectedly try to move. I figure I will just kill the coach power if I need to manually move one. Then you press and then rotate the brake handle handle on the motor and it will "unlock" the motor from the mechanism so that it may be manually operated using a socket on the hex head visible next to the motor on the slideout assembly. My picture is from under my master bed. (My bed stays up because of my lift kit!)

On my TS the kitchen slide motor is accessed from an outside compartment as Mark has pictured above. The big couch/dinette slide motor is from the outside compartment on the driver's side, it is easy to get to compared to the kitchen side! But all 3 of my motors work this way.

Hopefully this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Brake handle identified.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pg_82_S0505_.pdf (257.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-17-2018, 11:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
The only remaining question on the kitchen slide is how to access the inside turn bolt when the slide is open as the trim will block access until the slide comes in a few inches.

Now on to learning the Schwintec.
On my installation the panel below the loveseat (covered with carpet) is screwed on in just a couple of places. My plan is to remove the screws and then just swing it out of the way should I have to crank it closed someday!
Old 05-17-2018, 01:44 PM   #9

The Schwintek controller is normally mounted where the fuse panel, and converter are located. On my FS, that is under my bed, but since your bed moves I think, yours is going to be somewhere else. The controller itself it not exposed (there is no interface on it to the consumer), and as such you will most likely have to remove a panel to get to it.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:58 PM   #10

Seneca 37 TS Slide info

To move the slide on the swintek you have to pull the weather stripping on both sides to get to the motors . There are good videos on how this works. The controller on the ts is located in the bottom of the bedroom cabinets. There are two motors to get the slides to work they have to be synced together and that is why you do not want to stop the slide half way always fully operate swintek slides to keep them in balance.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
. The controller on the ts is located in the bottom of the bedroom cabinets. .
I looked all around the cabinets and can’t find the controller. Can you be more specific? Thanks.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #12

Seneca 37 TS Slide info

You have to remove the bottom drawer next to the power control panel. The controller is located inside the cabinet next to the circuit board. Looks like the equipment pictured below. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3949.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	39847Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5232.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	39848
Remove this drawer. Pain the .... to actually look at it.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:08 AM   #13

I opened the drawer late last night and took a peek with a flashlight. I wish I hadn’t looked in here. What a rat’s nest mess of wires. I will open it up when I am fresh.

Thanks as this was the last piece of information I needed to get a false sense of security that I would have a clue on what to do in the event of slide failure
Old 05-20-2018, 06:23 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
There are two motors to get the slides to work they have to be synced together and that is why you do not want to stop the slide half way always fully operate swintek slides to keep them in balance.
Someone on this forum was at their PDI and their tech tried to be cute and run bedroom slide piece meal in or out. They mentioned to us that they had problems on their first outing; they described their solution. Despite my care to run full in or out, I was having mine be crooked when I was at the house once. Same solution was to run it in and out fully a few times until it corrected itself. No problems since that instance in August. This is all good information as I remember the feeling of helplessness I experienced when I could not get off the jacks when the chassis battery breaker popped!

“Readiness is the all”