Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2019, 06:29 PM   #1

Seneca 37TS Slide Question

This is a question specifically for owners of a Seneca 37TS. When the driver's side slide is retracted (in) what is the distance (gap) between the bottom of the slide molding and the horizontal body side molding at the front end of the coach.

A picture would be extremely helpful as well.

We have made a purchase offer on an Accolade and there is an issue and the dealer believes the slide molding is installed too low and making contact with body molding when the slide is retracted. We walked out of the PDI over the issue on Saturday and we are attempting to come to some agreement on the issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:55 PM   #2

Are you talking about the bottom of the picture frame that surrounds the slide and the full length horizontal trim piece that separates the upper house from the basement doors? On mine it is about a 16th of inch on fbtnt s end and actually touches on the rear end. Will grab a photo in the morning.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:06 PM   #3

We have an RB but it’s the same drivers side slide as the TS. The outer trim (picture frame) is above the side grime in the front and almost touching in the back, this is quite common and the same with many of the Senecas I have seen. It is possible to adjust it even, but then your pint line will not line up so I decided to leave mine as is. Doesn’t affect the slide functioning at all.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Are you talking about the bottom of the picture frame that surrounds the slide and the full length horizontal trim piece that separates the upper house from the basement doors? On mine it is about a 16th of inch on fbtnt s end and actually touches on the rear end. Will grab a photo in the morning.
That is exactly what I am talking about. Thank you.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
We have an RB but it’s the same drivers side slide as the TS. The outer trim (picture frame) is above the side grime in the front and almost touching in the back, this is quite common and the same with many of the Senecas I have seen. It is possible to adjust it even, but then your pint line will not line up so I decided to leave mine as is. Doesn’t affect the slide functioning at all.
Thanks. On the Accolade we are considering the picture frame actually overlaps the molding which according to the dealer, is causing some inward pressure on the side wall making it look like there is a dent or damage. The dealer says it can be adjusted bu it will require some repainting. My response was Entegra agrees to an all expense paid trip to the factory service center for repair. I will not trust that to a dealer.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:42 PM   #6

Here is a pic of the front and rear. This has been brought up before on the forum and is common. I would call BS on the slide causing inward pressure causing the dent. Do you have a picture of the dent in the sidewalk....just curious what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
F9A668F5-FE55-417D-95F5-82A71E2F17E5.jpg   9F6EA5D6-3CE3-4F1F-BC76-F733050817C1.jpg  

Old 09-30-2019, 08:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Here is a pic of the front and rear. This has been brought up before on the forum and is common. I would call BS on the slide causing inward pressure causing the dent. Do you have a picture of the dent in the sidewalk....just curious what it looks like.
Thanks.

No picture. That is one I forgot to take. I am going to go back and take another look and I'll take a picture at that time.

I did take pictures of all of the other paint chips etc...
Old 10-01-2019, 08:27 AM   #8

We had the same problem on our 2018 m2 37ts, it was noted on our walk through that the slide moulding was over lapping the the main body belt moulding slightly and had caused rub marks in the paint on the belt moulding on both ends of the slide. On the first visit back to the dealer they adjusted the height of the slide and now the front is about 3/8” above the belt and the rear is about 1/4” above. I would take a picture but the unit is back at the dealer to finally have the paint touched up from the original rub marks.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:25 AM   #9

Quote:
If you look at your front pic, the dent I am referring to, and maybe dent is the wrong word, is the corner of the horizontal and vertical moldings on the slide side. The dent is not overly noticeable and has to be viewed from an angle while standing around the driver's door.

I took your pic and drew a circle around the approximate area.

Name:  InkedF9A668F5-FE55-417D-95F5-82A71E2F17E5_LI.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  813.1 KB
Old 10-02-2019, 04:20 PM   #10

Went back to the dealer today with a straight edge and got a bunch of attention.

First sorry about the pictures. I rotated them but the keep posting 90 degrees counterclockwise.

Two pictures with the slide retracted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	slide 1A.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	53827

Name:	Slide 2A.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	53828

One picture of a straight edge placed over the cup in the front cap. All of this is in the general area where the horizontal molding makes a 90 degree turn and starts running vertical.

Name:	Front Cap 1A.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	53829
Old 10-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #11

Yeah it looks like that slide is set up way to low, it’s ridiculous how they they don’t get the slides aligned correctly before they paint them. They can easily adjust them later but none of the paint lines match then. Looking at the pics you posted and looking at these pics I have posted, I bet when they went to install that side wall it was hit on that lower corner and slightly bent the aluminum inner frame as there isn’t much strength there with the slide opening, and they just screwed the wall on anyway. IMO, there is no way the slide itself causing that dent.
Attached Thumbnails
6E818BB1-DAC5-45CE-82D6-8B0AF2B5E120.jpg   0DE52194-8CCC-4F94-A6A3-611AA517C663.jpg  

Old 10-03-2019, 12:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Went back to the dealer today with a straight edge and got a bunch of attention.
Hope they get things sorted to your satisfaction real soon, Dave. Try not to lose too many years off your lifespan by the worry and stress.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:35 PM   #13

Transaction Complete

Had a lengthy phone conversation with the dealer, Entegra and Jayco today and Entegra has agreed that based on pictures sent by the dealer all issues with the slide and the cup in the cap will be covered under warranty as well as any items that are affected by use between now and when the coach goes to factory service for repair.

The dealer made the mistake of telling me they did not have the ability to adequately remove slides or do body work and painting after the repair. That tidbit of info cost them 7,500 when I asked them if they want me to buy the coach and go to factory service or walk away and they can worry about how to repair the coach if they can find another willing buyer.

Needless to say we now own "The Animal House"

It will hang out at the dealer until Tuesday so they can work off the punch list and get the Mobile Eye system calibrated. We will pick it up Tuesday afternoon and then take it on a 5 day 500 mile shake down cruise.

Name:	ACC_1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	53850

Name:	ACC_2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	53849
Old 10-03-2019, 05:41 PM   #14

Looks good and congrats on the purchase. I am sure you will enjoy the unit once you get past some these issues.

Enjoy and safe travels.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:43 PM   #15

Better picture of the cup in the cap

Here is a better picture of that cup in the cap. You can see it at the 90 degree corner molding.

Name:	ACC Corner 1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	53851
Old 10-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #16

Congrats, glad you got it all worked out!

Old 10-03-2019, 06:03 PM   #17

Many thanks to you Seneca folks. The info provided when I asked questions was a great help[ in the discussions with the dealer and the Jayco warranty folks.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #18

Congrats and welcome to the Seneca(and cousins) Family...

One tip... Be sure and walk thru your new rig very carefully before you take delivery. When we went back to pick ours up after they were to perform some "owe to customer" items, we discovered that they took the microwave glass plate out, and also the Water Heater outside cover was missing (the dealer sold it to another customer).
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Congrats and welcome to the Seneca(and cousins) Family...

One tip... Be sure and walk thru your new rig very carefully before you take delivery. When we went back to pick ours up after they were to perform some "owe to customer" items, we discovered that they took the microwave glass plate out, and also the Water Heater outside cover was missing (the dealer sold it to another customer).
Thanks for the tip. We actually had a dealer (Camping World) try selling us a coach (Thor Outlaw Class A) that was in for service. The owners came to pick it up while the dealer was showing us around. I mentioned that the rig had plates on it and that it was still loaded but the salesman blew it off.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:24 PM   #20

Senaca 37ts big slide

Had that same problem with my big slide out on my 2019 Senaca 37ts .The inside frame of the slide wall was flexing or bending because the slide wasn’t pulling even . The RV dealer fixed under warranty .
They had tried different things that didn’t work under Jayco ‘s supervisors.At one point the dealer had told me they were going to take to factory in Indiana but some how found away to fix in house instead . It is working better now
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote